Your computer --- a survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't find it: manual.

I'm probably going to my LDS this weekend or early next week. I'll ask them what they had been talking about and get back to you.

What dive computer do you use?

Liquivision X1 (Primary)
Sunnto D9 (gauge mode)

Is it an air-intergrated model? Transmitter or hose?

Liquivision X1 - ....not yet

Sunnto D9 - yes

Would you recommend it? Why/why not?

Highly recommend the Liquivision X1 running VPlanner Live for obligated decompression and cave divers. (...especially cave divers.) OLED screen can be easily read the entire duration of the dive. No button pushing to turn on screen. Awesome for scootering. Small form factor with freakin' bright screen. Runs tried and true VPLanner in a live mode. No buttons to push; Uses taps on side of case which works AWESOME. Too many benefits to list.

Video

If you could have gotten a different computer which one would it have been? Why?

Tables. Not interested in anything else on the market (including VR3).

What was the deciding factor for your decision to purchase this one?

See above.

The one biggest drawback of the computer you use?

Can't think of anything.

The best feature of the model you use?

OLED screen is on for duration of dive while using very little power.

As a new diver I trusted my LDS when it came to SPG's and computers. I wanted something I could grow with. Also i wanted something that could look after me a bit better being new without killing my wallet. I went with the Suunto Cobra 2 AI with kwik connect. I am very happy to have it, it is so user friendly and reliable. I also picked up a Suunto Gekko on sale and I love it too. I like the fact they are both Nitrox ready give dive profiles, sims, log books history. The Cobra 2 does have a Digital compass but I much prefer the wrist mount with boot that I have. The two together still cost me less than a D9 or Vyper. It's nice having a back up.

JT Divers recently started a thread regarding wrist computers that are air integrated. That got me to thinking that it would be interesting to get the ScubaBoard users thoughts on all the different computers out there (wrist models, hose models, even the new data masks), by taking a survey on which computers they have/use or would like to get. So, if you’re interest, answer a few questions.

What dive computer do you use?
Is it an air-intergrated model? Transmitter or hose?
Would you recommend it? Why/why not?
If you could have gotten a different computer which one would it have been? Why?
What was the deciding factor for your decision to purchase this one?
The one biggest drawback of the computer you use?
The best feature of the model you use?

Can’t wait to see what the responses are going to be! :blinking:

Galileo Sol
Transmitter
I would recommend it. This thing is easy to use and can be updated via download
I don't know, I was looking and didn't find anything that said buy me!
A friend at the shop let me borrow his for a dive and the Galileo sold itself.
The only drawback to this computer is the cost. It's expensive.
There are too many good features to list, but foremost, is it's absolute ease of use. It's menu driven and simple to use. Also, the numbers are large, I can see them. :palmtree: Bob

What dive computer do you use? Zeagle N2ition
Is it an air-intergrated model? Transmitter or hose? No, it is not.
Would you recommend it? Why/why not? Yes. Full of features; good price

If you could have gotten a different computer which one would it have been? Probably not

What was the deciding factor for your decision to purchase this one? Value, features, warranty.
The one biggest drawback of the computer you use? The manual is a little weak.
The best feature of the model you use? Pretty much has all the features one would want in an air/nitrox recreational dive computer. Except for AI.

I´l be the first to admit to using a suunto stinger
Not air integrated
would i recommend .... yes
If i had not got this it would have been the Suunto cobra or viper
Deciding factor was the looks, (also my instructor had one) plus ilike it on my wrist during the day..
The biggest draw back till recently was the battery changing, (having to send it away for weeks on end)... now i have my own spanner it takes just a few seconds
I use all the features i cant pick out the best as it does exactlywhat i wanted it to do

Ok, here are the results so far:

Attachments

• Dive Computer Results.doc
    58 KB · Views: 303
It's interesting, most people seem to not use an air integrated model. Do you think this is because of the expense or that it may be a newer option? (not sure if it is a newer option or not, so nobody jump down my throat if it's been around for years and years!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom