Your computer --- a survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

• Oceanic Atom 1
  • Air w/transmitter
  • I wouldn’t say avoid, each computer has + and -
  • No.
  • size for Air w/transmitter, Nitrox able, 1 tool with multiple function located where most intuitive for me to look, simple access information (look @ wrist), user determine conservatism, customer service, user battery replacement
  • More of a preference than drawback for me: air pressure not on main dive screen, battery replacement frequency, watches have a compass - wish this did
  • Suites my needs and wishes the most.

I see a few problems with the chart.
I listed an Atom not an Atom 2.0
The Suunto D9 ia a wireless AI computer.
As for monitoring 3 bottles not only does the Atom 2.0 do it but also the Atom and VT3
It can be used as Buddy monitoring or for different mixes.
For the Atom 2.0 and VT3 it is software selectable the Atom doesn't have buddy monitoring but using the 3 bottle mixes will allow you to accomplish buddy monitoring.

Tell ya what, RAWalker ... if it bugs you that much ... redo the chart yourself, then.

There's always gotta be one person in the crowd that's gotta complain! :rolleyes:

Suunto D9 and Cobra.

Cobra AI hose, D9 AI hoseless.

Reliable, I've used Suunto since 1990, I think. I do a lot of solo and was using a Cobra and Mosquito in the last few years, then moved to the D9 for the AI capability.

No drawbacks. No problems tucking everything away.

Both have worked flawlessly. I dive a lot and apart from regular battery changes, once a year for both regardless of battery status on the computer, have had no issues.

<snip>but I would point out that the Oceanic Atom 2.0 can monitor three pressures.

But does it monitor three in gauge mode yet????

Since I've gotten rid of the O2 spg on the RB in favor of wireless, I wouldn't mind getting rid of the diluent one as well.

What dive computer do you use? Data Max Pro Plus as our main computers (air integrated) and the Atom 2 as backups

Is it an air-intergrated model? Transmitter or hose?Yes, Pro Plus has a hose, Atom 2 has transmitter

Would you recommend it? Why/why not? Yes - Just my preference - the Suunto's were to consertive for me... User changeable batteries, ...

If you could have gotten a different computer which one would it have been? Why?
What was the deciding factor for your decision to purchase this one?
The one biggest drawback of the computer you use?
The best feature of the model you use?

But does it monitor three in gauge mode yet????

Since I've gotten rid of the O2 spg on the RB in favor of wireless, I wouldn't mind getting rid of the diluent one as well.
GAS1 and TMT1 are the defaults in gauge mode. GAS2/3 and TMT2/3 are not available in gauge mode. I want to talk with Oceanic about this, I can see no reason for this restriction, but then sometimes it's easy to overlook something. Now if they'd just give us multiple cylinder pressures in the DataMask also.

JT Divers recently started a thread regarding wrist computers that are air integrated. That got me to thinking that it would be interesting to get the ScubaBoard users thoughts on all the different computers out there (wrist models, hose models, even the new data masks), by taking a survey on which computers they have/use or would like to get. So, if you’re interest, answer a few questions.

What dive computer do you use?
Is it an air-intergrated model? Transmitter or hose?
Would you recommend it? Why/why not?
If you could have gotten a different computer which one would it have been? Why?
What was the deciding factor for your decision to purchase this one?
The one biggest drawback of the computer you use?
The best feature of the model you use?

Can’t wait to see what the responses are going to be! :blinking:

1) Suunto Gekko console mount w/analog SPG and compass
2) Not air integrated
3) I'd recommend it for people doing simple recreational diving (as I do)
4) Probably a Cobra or Vytec if I wasn't a poor college student:D (but I have yet to find the Gekko lacking in anything I need)
5) Reliability, familiarity, cost, did what I need it to do
6) Limited computer connectivity, analog SPG makes console bulkier (though back-mounted compass helps with this a lot)
7) Analog SPG (easier to read)

What dive computer do you use? Dive Rite Nitek Duo
Is it an air-intergrated model? Transmitter or hose? Not air integrated.
Would you recommend it? Why/why not? Yes, def.
If you could have gotten a different computer which one would it have been? Why? Looked at the tusa IQ800.
What was the deciding factor for your decision to purchase this one? Gas switching and pure o2 deco.
The one biggest drawback of the computer you use? Not the most user friendly interface.
The best feature of the model you use? Dive logging and gas switching.

Well, after reading all the posts I didn't see any negative comments about the Dacor Darwin!! It must be a great diving computer. It served me well and kept me safe during my recent eight 130 feet dives. Maybe you all must upgrade to a Dacor Darwin wrist computer!!

OK, I do admit I was the only person posting and recommending this great computer.

Back
Top Bottom