Your Favorite Video of 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My local UW Photo/Video club's theme this month is "Your Favorite Photo/Video of 2010".

So with that intro, how about everyone show or link their favorites of 2010 ? Let's also open it up that it doesn't have to be made by you and favorite doesn't necessarily mean best, it's just your favorite for whatever reason.

I'll start. My 2 favorite UW videos of 2010.
"Under Water Wonders" by Liquid Image Productions, shot on Canon 5d
[vimeo]16535676[/vimeo]

"Pielago" by Rafa Herrero, shot on Panasonic HVX200
[vimeo]17282983[/vimeo]

My favorite topside video
"Tighten Up" by the Black Keys, video by Chris Pillero, shot on Canon 7d
[vimeo]11931019[/vimeo]

My local UW Photo/Video club's theme this month is "Your Favorite Photo/Video of 2010".

So with that intro, how about everyone show or link their favorites of 2010 ? Let's also open it up that it doesn't have to be made by you and favorite doesn't necessarily mean best, it's just your favorite for whatever reason.

Hey, Ron...!

Nice work, but show some of yours as well...

You have seen these, but here are a few from my stash for the rest of the forum:

Happy Holidays!

Mike

[vimeo]17405506[/vimeo]

[vimeo]17405892[/vimeo]

[vimeo]17482268[/vimeo]

my favorite one that I did this past year:
[vimeo]11565537[/vimeo]

It was fun to make (did 6 dives there, each an hour or more) and edit (took a week to edit and trim it down as I had so much footage!).

favorite video by others.... that will take some thought and research.

robin

my favorite one that I did this past year:

It was fun to make (did 6 dives there, each an hour or more) and edit (took a week to edit and trim it down as I had so much footage!).

favorite video by others.... that will take some thought and research.

robin

Nice! I love Scuba Club Cozumel, have been there a few times....

Hey, Ron...!

Nice work, but show some of yours as well...

Favorite of my own ? That's easy. I only made 1 video this year. :D Very little diving for me in 2010. That's gonna change in 2011.

My one and only 2010 video. Favorite part is the time lapse photography at the beginning.

[vimeo]16810323[/vimeo]

Favorite of my own ? That's easy. I only made 1 video this year. :D Very little diving for me in 2010. That's gonna change in 2011.

My one and only 2010 video. Favorite part is the time lapse photography at the beginning.

[vimeo]16810323[/vimeo]

That is an awesome video, thanks for showing it to us the other night... and if you had only brought your camera, you would have had great footage of the Mola Mola over the San Diego!

:)

my favs for 2010...All made from a Lumix ZS3

Take four minutes and plunge into one of the best dive spots in the Caribbean--Cozumel, Mexico! Sites we visit are Colombia, Punta Tunich, Santa Rosa and Paradise. We see schools of Porkfish and Grunts, Flounder, Spiny Lobsters, Spotted Trunkfish, coral pinnacles, richly coloured sponges, swim-throughs, Scrawled and White Spotted Filefish, Gray, French and Queen Angelfish, a giant green Moray Eel, Barracuda, Parrotfish, Blue Tang, Banded Butterflyfish, Stingrays and more!
[vimeo]16139514[/vimeo]

A turtle takes us on a panoramic tour of divesites at Balicasag Island, Bohol, Philippines. Along the way, we encounter a signature school of Jackfish, an Orangutan Crab, a Scribbled Filefish, Trumpetfish, and a cute Juvenile Boxfish. We accidentally cross over the nesting area of a Titan Triggerfish and the result is predictable. The soundtrack is particularly relevant as it makes references to "sailing to Cebu", which is the adjacent island from where this video was made. Enjoy the ride!
[vimeo]11857269[/vimeo]

Very little editing involved. The Bumphead Parrotfish merged with the Bannerfish, which merged with the Jackfish. Add some Whitetip Reef Sharks, schooling Baracuda, Unicornfish, Triggerfish and the ever present turtles make for an amazing dive.
[vimeo]11645286[/vimeo]

My favorite of my own was the UB88. Not much video due to the fact that I aborted the dive after only six minutes due to the poor vis. I used two 100w video lights, so it looks better than it really was.
[youtubehq]OfPXkyBiHJ0[/youtubehq]

My fiancee shot video of the Marineland platform during the only good vis we've had there.
[youtubehq]ZsnH2ItJLsU[/youtubehq]

My favorite of my own was the UB88. Not much video due to the fact that I aborted the dive after only six minutes due to the poor vis. I used two 100w video lights, so it looks better than it really was.

My fiancee shot video of the Marineland platform during the only good vis we've had there.

Awesome! Vis looks great by East Coast standards... nice work...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom