YOUR Leisure Pro Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
It has been an on-going big debate whether LP is an eligible shop to buy our life supporting gear, “regulator”. I think if they can meet the following conditions, there won’t be issue anymore for the potential buyers:

1. If they can provide the annual service in the reasonable price,
2. If they can provide the equal warranty period and coverage,
3. If they can provide the same “Manufacture Recall Service,”

So, I wonder if anyone had any annual/warranty/recall service experiences with LP.

LP currently provides “Annual Overhaul of Regulator”;

"Regulator, Octo and Depth Gauge $39.95 plus part, “We will pick up the service equipment from you, just call us.”

If you have your regulator done over there, how much did you pay extra cost for the part on what brand regulator? Is their pick up service free?

Do you have any warranty service experience with LP?
If then, what and how was it?

Have you ever your product recalled by LP?
If then, what and how was it?

Please share your experience with other members for the reference.

Thanks in advance, all.

I ordered a Sherwood Magnum from LP last year. They confirmed that, although they weren't an authorized Sherwood dealer, they'd honor the Sherwood warranty of free parts for the first two annual services (not that the $8.00 parts kit amounts to much). And they verified that annual service labor would be $39.95 for reg and octo. And gauge, I guess... We'll see whether they'll check out the computer in the console, too.

I sent the rig in to them in late January, but unfortunately as of a couple weeks ago they said they hadn't received it yet. (I'm with the U.S. Embassy in Poland, but have Diplomatic Post Office privileges -- like APO.) Good thing I USPS-insured the package, though stupidly I didn't get tracking. Unfortunately USPS requires 45 days before claims can be made on APO shipments... I'll check one more time with LP on Monday, before starting an insurance claim.

Of course, I have no way of knowing whether the shipping time is normal, or there's a problem with the APO and USPS, or whether it's LP. But I guess I'll find out once the full awesome majesty of the U.S. Postal Service gets involved.
lol3.gif

And I have no way at this time of knowing how qualified they are to do the service, or how conscientious they'll be. (But then, it's a matter of trust with a lot of places.)

I'll let you know as things develop, and I'd love to hear other peoples' experiences too. (And I agree; actual documented experiences, not hearsay or assumptions.)

--Marek

Marek K:
I ordered a Sherwood Magnum from LP last year. They confirmed that, although they weren't an authorized Sherwood dealer, they'd honor the Sherwood warranty of free parts for the first two annual services (not that the $8.00 parts kit amounts to much). And they verified that annual service labor would be $39.95 for reg and octo. And gauge, I guess... We'll see whether they'll check out the computer in the console, too.

I sent the rig in to them in late January, but unfortunately as of a couple weeks ago they said they hadn't received it yet. (I'm with the U.S. Embassy in Poland, but have Diplomatic Post Office privileges -- like APO.) Good thing I USPS-insured the package, though stupidly I didn't get tracking. Unfortunately USPS requires 45 days before claims can be made on APO shipments... I'll check one more time with LP on Monday, before starting an insurance claim.

Of course, I have no way of knowing whether the shipping time is normal, or there's a problem with the APO and USPS, or whether it's LP. But I guess I'll find out once the full awesome majesty of the U.S. Postal Service gets involved.
lol3.gif

And I have no way at this time of knowing how qualified they are to do the service, or how conscientious they'll be. (But then, it's a matter of trust with a lot of places.)

I'll let you know as things develop, and I'd love to hear other peoples' experiences too. (And I agree; actual documented experiences, not hearsay or assumptions.)

--Marek

Unless you ship global express from Poland to the states it can take along time for packages.. if they ever arrive.. even "express" service can take a week! or more.. The last ackage I had shipped to me from Poland (near warsaw whenrer everythingleaves) took 4 or 5 days just to leave poland!

I purchased an Atomic regulator and Zeagle B/C from them almost seven years ago.
As I type this post, I am pretty certain that I'm still alive.

The Kraken:
I purchased an Atomic regulator and Zeagle B/C from them almost seven years ago.
As I type this post, I am pretty certain that I'm still alive.

Have you had any of that gear serviced by them yearly and what did they charge you?
What was the shipping experience like and how long did you have to wait to get it back?

hoosier:

3. If they can provide the same “Manufacture Recall Service,”

Please share your experience with other members for the reference.

Thanks in advance, all.

As far as your point # 3 goes, that is the manufacturer's responsibility. It is not the seller's responsibility to initiate a recall, nor manage it, nor notify purchasers except at the manufacturer's direction.

Why don't you share your experiences at LP with the Board?

pilot fish:
Have you had any of that gear serviced by them yearly and what did they charge you?
What was the shipping experience like and how long did you have to wait to get it back?

No, I haven't had my reg serviced by them. I have that done at my LDS. It's more an issue of time/convenience than ability. But then at $25 per 2 year service period(recommended by Atomic) the $250 I saved by buying my reg through Leisure-Pro will give me about 20 years of servicing.

The Kraken:
No, I haven't had my reg serviced by them. I have that done at my LDS. It's more an issue of time/convenience than ability. But then at $25 per 2 year service period(recommended by Atomic) the $250 I saved by buying my reg through Leisure-Pro will give me about 20 years of servicing.

A lot of LDS won't service gear purchased by them, right? Did the LDS charge you a bit more? Would your gear be under an kind of mgfg warranty? Could you send it back go them for a free of charge replacment etc?

I would think the time, turn around time, for repairs and maintenance would be a problem with LP?

Is that a question or a statement? What the heck are you asking/stating - an LDS won't service gear that they, themselves, purchased?

No, the LDS charged me to service the regulator.

Now why on earth would an LDS care about where one purchased a regulator when a diver brings it in for service.

The LDS is paid to service a regulator.

Does your LDS ask you where you buy every piece of gear you have before he will service for you.

Holy cow, with that type of attitude an LDS would lose a lot of money. "Hey, you didn't buy that reg from me, I'm not going to service it!"

I stated that I use the LDS to service my reg as a matter of time/convenience.

Is that a question or a statement? What the heck are you asking/stating - an LDS won't service gear that they, themselves, purchased?]]]]kraken

Bad wording. Should have said, FROM them, not BY them. Poor syntax. It was a question, is it true that a lot of dive shops will not service gear purchased from LP, or charge you a lot if they do? It seems that is not the case with your LDS but some other divers have reported that is a problem with their local dive shop

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom