YOUR Leisure Pro Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now why on earth would an LDS care about where one purchased a regulator when a diver brings it in for service.]]]kraken

They would prefer that you purchase it from them and whether it is under warranty?

Pilot Fish,
All the diver wants is his regulator serviced.
It doesn't make a hoot in hell where he purchased the stupid regulator.
Ya hand it to the doofus behind the counter and say, "Hey, could you get my reg serviced by Friday afternoon?"
He doesn't ask, "Well, where'd ya buy it? We don't service regs that we didn't sell."
He says, "Duh, I think so . . .". and off ya go.
That is, of course, unless they service just certain types of regs. Then you take it to an LDS that does service that make of reg.
It's like taking your car into an auto dealership for an oil change. It's money, they don't care what kind of car it is, they don't care where you bought it. They just want to make money on the oil change.

pilot fish:
They would prefer that you purchase it from them and whether it is under warranty?

They might perfer that you purchase it from them, but it would be ridiculous to assume that you would purchase every piece of gear through them. I have a great relationship with my LDS Owner and his family. I could call up their home right now and cruise over and do whatever I would like basically. Still with this kind of relationship I still buy things at other locations due to specials and deals. My LDS would still service whatever I would want them to service. Personally I just have them show me how to service it and walk me through rebuilding/servicing my own gear so I have a better concept on how it works and what goes into it. I.E. They sit over my shoulder and watch me work on it, and if I do anything lame, or have questions they are there to help me.

As for under warranty, big deal. If it's not, I cover the cost of parts and such. I'm sure the LDS store doesn't care where the money for their labor/parts come from. Weither it comes from a parts for life program from the manufacturer, or weither I pay for the parts.

All in all, you are still bringing whatever you bought wherever to them to service. They are still making money off the transaction regardless of warranty or purchasing origin.

Matt

padiscubapro:
Unless you ship global express from Poland to the states it can take along time for packages.. if they ever arrive.. even "express" service can take a week! or more.. The last ackage I had shipped to me from Poland (near warsaw whenrer everythingleaves) took 4 or 5 days just to leave poland!
Apples and oranges. This was via U.S. Diplomatic Post Office (DPO), basically the same as military APO/FPO if you're familiar with that.

Point is, mail stays within a U.S. system all the way. No interface with the local postal system... DPO uses USPS computers, stamps (U.S. domestic rates), customs forms, and you pay in US$... they have to comply with all USPS regulations... mail and packages get shipped to a U.S. gateway (I think JFK), where it's input directly into the domestic U.S. Postal System.

All that interfacing, and the physical distances involved, is I guess why USPS requires you wait 45 days to initiate an insurance claim for something sent via APO (and I assume DPO), vice the usual 21 days for other domestic mail.

--Marek

pilot fish:
And away we go!!

Pilot Fish--

Please don't take this as a flame -- it isn't. (And please don't flame me back, because I don't take flames well.
04.gif
)

But just what is the real issue you have against Leisure Pro? I didn't use the word "crusade;" someone else did, though, in another thread; and that's exactly what I was thinking.

This really sounds like a personal vendetta... and those are never pleasant for anyone except maybe the, um, vendettor. :D

--Marek

Dang, I thought the Pilot Fish vs. LeisurePro saga had quietly withered away in that other epic thread...this is like the old Saturday morning Bugs Bunny Show-never goes off the air, just pops up on another channel. :D

I wonder how many SB regulars have been secretly asking the question you just asked but were afraid to ask out loud.

cheers

Billy S.

padiscubapro:
Unless you ship global express from Poland to the states it can take along time for packages.. if they ever arrive.. even "express" service can take a week! or more.. The last ackage I had shipped to me from Poland (near warsaw whenrer everythingleaves) took 4 or 5 days just to leave poland!
Last time I bought something in the US it took 10 days to leave United States. And normal post from States goes to Poland around 4 weeks.
Marek - when i was untitled to Diplomatic post it usually took 4 up to 6 weeks for something to come from States.
pilot fish - c'mon give it a break. After all you don't have to buy from LP. There are other on-line shops. This is how the market works - you don't like a shop you don't buy there.
Mania

mania:
when i was untitled to Diplomatic post it usually took 4 up to 6 weeks for something to come from States.
You never told me you were once entitled to diplomatic mail/post!

Um, did you?
06.gif
I guess maybe you did.

Yours (Polish), right?

We actually have two parallel (U.S.) systems here how. One is the traditional diplomatic pouch; we usually use that address for our normal mail, and for things we order from the U.S. It usually takes a week to 10 days for something to reach us. Downside is, we can't send out packages that way.

The DPO (Dip Post Office) is something relatively new for us. I think it links into our military APO system. Advantage is we can send out packages that way now. Disadvantage is, unlike the pouch, we can't receive incoming packages via DPO that were sent by Federal Express or UPS... only by U.S. Mail. Why? Because the address looks like a post office box, and FedEx and UPS won't ship to a PO box -- they require a signature upon delivery.

Since I personally rarely send out packages from here, and therefore rarely use the DPO system, I don't have a good feel for how long it takes.

More than you really wanted to know?

04.gif

--Marek

Please guys,

You know that We have already covered that issue (LP vs. LDS) so many times.

Let's go back to the origianl questtion!
Any service experience with LP? We want to hear a real experinces! Thanks in advance.

I only bought a lot of accessories from LP so that I don't need to face with any service issue yet. So, I ask sharing your experiences.

P.S.
If there is LP sales person who tries to make a story in this thread, before then, please identify yourself as a LP person at first. Brave it out!

I haven't had any service experiences with LP. I have had to exchange some things and never had any problems. I can tell you that LP is not a huge store. I stopped by there in January when I was in Manhattan. The store is smaller than most LDSs. Half a dozen people crowded it! Not much in the way of displays. Even in the store, you order most gear from the catalog and they got it from the stock area. I'm not sure how big the stocking area was. It could have been 20 times bigger. The service area was visible to the public though and was probably about 5x6 feet. It wasn't at all what I pictured it to be. I would also guess that LP is a family business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom