YOUR Leisure Pro Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marek K:
As far as the brand-specific manufacturer training goes, not necessarily. One of the best and most-conscientious regulator technicians I've had the pleasure to deal with is here in Warsaw, Poland. (Mania, you know who he is.) Not specifically a Sherwood dealer, as far as I know (Sherwood is very rare here in Europe)... but the guy obviously knows his stuff. Like, one of our Sherwood regs dates from the late 1980's... this guy knew all about the Sherwood piston redesign in the early 1990's, how to recognize whether a reg had been retro-fitted, and what that means for HP seat replacement).

Being trained by the manufacturer is important, but I think it's just one of several factors you have to consider when deciding who's going to service your equipment. Brand-specific skills are transferable, and there are factors that are more important... like knowledge and technical skills in general, and integrity.

There are a lot of horror stories to be told about technicians with all sorts of certificates on their wall...

Which brings us back (again) to Hoosier's purpose in starting this thread way long ago... what are people's actual experiences with LP's technical service?

--Marek

I thought Mania was a lady? I've seen her pic too.

I understand your valid point but to me it seems a bit hit and miss. It all comes down to safety, price is secondary, and what makes you feel comfortable.

pilot fish:
I thought Mania was a lady? I've seen her pic too.
She is. She's the one who personally recommended this particular technician to me. (Oh, sorry. My comment was an aside to Mania.)
pilot fish:
I understand your valid point but to me it seems a bit hit and miss. It all comes down to safety, price is secondary, and what makes you feel comfortable.
Yeah, it is all a bit hit-or-miss, no matter who you go with the first time. Unless maybe you get good (or bad) recommendations first, based on personal experience.

--Marek

Back
Top Bottom