YOUR Leisure Pro Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchase a lot of stuff here before i heard of Scubatoys.com

All my dealing with Leisurepro.com has been perfect. No problems what so ever.

catherine96821:
but, there is a dollar figure where the "law of diminished return" kicks in PF, that's all I am saying. For me---it is only "nice to know" if the price is right!

I give LP a thumbs up.

Wow, she even quotes Malthus. "The law of diminishing returns is a short run concept. It assumes that there is a fixed factor and that the state of technology is constant. In reality the productivity of the factor of production land and the state of technology has increased."

No diminished returns here but a protection from catastrophic loss, or, in this case, a larger loss. Would you go diving without DAN or PADI insurance? You could save $100 now but look at what it might cost you if you got bent in Timbuctu? That is penny wise and pound foolish. I don't like those odds.

Jamdiver:
It's 42 West 18th street.
I've been there twice, it's on the third floor through a little door that's right beside adorama.

You punch the LP/3rd floor button on the elevator and there you go, the 'store' itself is pretty small and maybe the size of a medium sized manhattan apartment..

It's a real trip :D.

You live on on Jamaica and you're been there twice! Your a total gear junkie Jam! :D

I will REQUEST this ONE MORE TIME.

Let's stay on the topic of "experiences that you've had with Leisure Pro".

Thank you.

The Kraken

I've made two purchase with LP over the past few years, and have nothing bad to say about them. I haven't used them for reg maintenance or returns though...

I do feel a lot more comfortable with ScubaToys however since they are authorized dealers and an actual dive shop with very knowledgeable divers.

I went to LP about 3 weeks ago after a year break (last year I was busy with my paragliding training and rifle shooting in Ellenville/Hunter NY area and dove just 1 or 2 times). I met there a new (not Jewish) guy I never sow before. His name is Ben T.

When I started asking him questions about tech diving rig and he gave me his business card. It says PADI Master Instructor. He is their main sales dude.
Last week I went their to exchange the boots for my kid and complain about regulator free floating. He told me IP is not set correctly and I should bring it in and he will take a look at it.

This Monday I brought the reg and he passed it to the Jewish guy about 24-25 years old. He connected the reg to his equipment (looks like Dual Pro Stand with Magnehelic & IP Gauges from http://www.scubatools.com/Lab.html) He told me that the IP set too high and adjusted it. He asked me to breath while the reg was connected to the gauge and he made final test.
The tech guy also asked me when I going to dive and where and mentioned NJ Dutch Springs. From what I make a conclusion he is probably diver too.

I like Ben T. as sales man - he will not sell you something because it cost more. And seem to me he has a lot of knowledge about diving.
Here is 3 examples: I need a back plate, I inquired about stainless still and aluminum. stainless cost about $90, aluminum about 60. He brought 3 plates for me to look. He told me get ABC plastic one for $56 because it is lightest, as strong as SS and stronger compare to aluminum. I mentioned I want to spend some money on a diving light that cost not a fortune. He suggested me a $39 Princeton Tec "Shockwave II" Light, when I mentioned that I am looking to spend about $150 and pointed to the light a saw on their web he told me that it burn time is very little, and batteries will cost me a lot. I wanted a bag Akona Roller Backpack with Wheels (AKB144) $164 for my trip, he suggested a $80 with no labels (looks same as akona) motivating that bags with labels get stolen first. In the result I said that in this case I will probably travel with non diving bag and bought a mesh bag to carry gear to the dive boat. He did not get upset. All the items was in stock and he let me touch them and test.

Another example: Just bought yesterday Bare 3/2 Velocity Progressive Full. I asked Ben T. about Henderson Gold 3 mm which is about ~$90 more, he told me to get Bare.

Yesterday I sow his diving pictures hanging at the counter on the wall. Looks like Dutch Spring NJ.

He also invited me and my wife to his swimming pool at his house and help my wife to solve the problem with equalization (my wife was not able to qulise at 4 ft and deeper she will experienced a sharp pain in one of the ears). He told her to find a time and 3-4 days before swimming pool session start taking some over the counter medication to clear the ears nose passes. He mentioned it will be free of charge, and my wife should only pay if she decide to do open water with him.

Very very bad Customer service. I had to call 5 times to get an answer for my shippment!!

Prices are great, but you can not get a great advice.
Scuba.com prices are more expensiive(in general), but have great insturctors to help you.

aboalreem:
Prices are great, but you can not get a great advice.
Scuba.com prices are more expensiive(in general), but have great insturctors to help you.
Try to get on the phone Ben T. He is salesman on the floor and also diving instructor. See my early post. He saved me at least $300 in last month suggesting a better and less expensive equipment.

undin7:
Try to get on the phone Ben T. He is salesman on the floor and also diving instructor. See my early post. He saved me at least $300 in last month suggesting a better and less expensive equipment.

How do you know Benjamin T is a diving instructor? Who and where dpes he instruct?Did you see any credentials, did he just tell you he was, or did you assume it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom