YOUR Leisure Pro Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich:
That's family, where you can have a fair expectation of the result of the joke. A PM like that I wouldn't even notice, but in public with a open audience.....

Cerich, why so hard on on one and not the other? Both claim to have a "buddy", so you know, that makes it okay. *Insert sarcasm*

Agreed on the family thing though. Not public where people don't know you and know that you aren't being intollerant.

People, this thread is about experiences with Leisure Pro. Let's get back on topic and knock off the ethnic references. Thank you.

I was too quick to use racist, I should have said insensitive to others religious beliefs.

I believe so strongly having seen up close and personal what religions can cause when they clash that we need to understand and respect beliefs. Once we as humans can do that we can get on with importants things like diving!:D

This is what I get for being a Canadian in the US, at home I'm a ultra conservative, down here I'm just all over the place, stuck between the left and the right and not seeing black or white, just grey tones....:huh:

I have lived pretty immersed in the NYC Jewish culture and find it hard to believe that they would feel that way. They have a pretty wicked, sophisticated sense of humor and don't go moping around about little comments like that.

sorry sTexan...I posted before you.

anyway, back to LP. They get a bum rap in my view. They give new meaning to "fast as a NY second". I have been very satisfied with them and like I said, think that warranties are way over-rated. Plus, people always like to take a "top-dog" down a rung. I have had them search for things and call me back in Hawaii, etc.
The only thing they ever do to me, which is pretty funny, is try and speed me up with my order. (When we are at the inlaws in Manhattan, it is clear that it is painful for them to listen to slow California-speak...anything slow will basically set them off. Fast and efficient is the religion of New Yorkers of all types.
So, now before I call "Sid" I get my act together and my ducks in a row. They aren't Victoria's Secret wanting to help you ruffle through the pages of the catalogue! They will eat out of your hand if you can make a list and speak fast!
I feel like calling them right now...they are so fun.

catherine96821:
well, my kids are half jewish and we all make jokes like that, even "the jewish" side of the family....I think we learned it from them, they are pretty witty, smart people, always making the funniest cracks. (especially the ones in NYC)

just curious, why is it anti-semetic?

They tease me about being shicksa, etc. Not trying to start anything here, I honestly am trying to understand if that is offensive to some.

We made quite a few jokes about my son's briss...oh boy.

Hey, PF, I do really like LP. This "peace of mind" stuff you all should re-think. I think you all have been brainwashed a little. I have returned something to LP...oh yea my sinc cord... and they sent out a NEW one before they even got the old one, then credited me back. I find them to be "on it". They have or can get almost anything that exists, usually in less time than I can get my words out.

They come from a strong merchant lineage/tradition and can undercut just about anyone. The "undercutting" plays into the stereotype a bit if you are a competitor I imagine.

That's great. A lot of divers use them so they must be doing something right. My issue is I would rather buy life support gear from people in the dive community and my fear that thier repair men are not trained by the mfg. That is where my peace of mind comes in.

cerich:
I was too quick to use racist, I should have said insensitive to others religious beliefs.

I believe so strongly having seen up close and personal what religions can cause when they clash that we need to understand and respect beliefs. Once we as humans can do that we can get on with importants things like diving!:D

This is what I get for being a Canadian in the US, at home I'm a ultra conservative, down here I'm just all over the place, stuck between the left and the right and not seeing black or white, just grey tones....:huh:

Glad we were able to clear that up. Thanks Chris.

catherine96821:
I have lived pretty immersed in the NYC Jewish culture and find it hard to believe that they would feel that way. They have a pretty wicked, sophisticated sense of humor and don't go moping around about little comments like that.

sorry sTexan...I posted before you.

anyway, back to LP. They get a bum rap in my view. They give new meaning to fast as "NY second". I have been very satisfied with them and like I said, think that warranties are way over-rated.

Warranties, like insurance, seem unecessay, until you need it. If you car never has an accident then insurance is not needed, but what happens when someone bangs into you? You don't need a warranty if your gear works properly but when it does not, as we all know can happen, it's nice to know it will be replaced or repaired by factory trained personnel

but, there is a dollar figure where the "law of diminished return" kicks in PF, that's all I am saying.
it's nice to know it will be replaced or repaired by factory trained personnel
For me---it is only "nice to know" if the price is right!

I give LP a thumbs up.

It would be prudent if all posts were to be directed to responding to the author's inquiry.

If one has never dealt with LP, then s/he would have no opinion one way or the other, and therefore shoud not offer one.

Let's keep it on topic, shall we?

The Kraken

catherine96821:
but, there is a dollar figure where the "law of diminished return" kicks in PF, that's all I am saying. For me---it is only "nice to know" if the price is right!

BTW, since you are a Manhattanite...did you ever go to their store in Brooklyn or wherever it is? (My son leaves for Essex House in two days, wish I was going, you could take me to the New York Athletic Club!)

I bet the LP warehouse is a trip.

It's 42 West 18th street.
I've been there twice, it's on the third floor through a little door that's right beside adorama.

You punch the LP/3rd floor button on the elevator and there you go, the 'store' itself is pretty small and maybe the size of a medium sized manhattan apartment..

It's a real trip :D.

Back
Top Bottom