YOUR Leisure Pro Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish:
Now why on earth would an LDS care about where one purchased a regulator when a diver brings it in for service.]]]kraken

They would prefer that you purchase it from them and whether it is under warranty?
If I'm changing State......I need to buy a reg from the new LDS

Are you people actually using all these warranties? I am trying to think if I have ever used one for anything....

I keep hearing all this warranty concern...I just never know anybody who has stuff break. well, my Halcyon inflator, but thats it.
Just be careful, LP guy's abuse is a little addictive....I always take a deep breath first. Actually they have been very reliable for me. And their names are easy to remember---they are all Stan, Sid, etc. Almost always have the best prices. If you save all that money, you won't need the warranty. You can buy a new one with the all money you save. Warranties are overrated IMO.

It's at least a piece of mind thing. I've rarely used my vehicles 3/36000 warranty but I always get nervous when it expires

catherine96821:
Are you people actually using all these warranties? I am trying to think if I have ever used one for anything....

I keep hearing all this warranty concern...I just never know anybody who has stuff break. well, my Halcyon inflator, but thats it.
Just be careful, LP guy's abuse is a little addictive....I always take a deep breath first. Actually they have been very reliable for me. And their names are easy to remember---they are all Stan, Sid, etc. Almost always have the best prices. If you save all that money, you won't need the warranty. You can buy a new one with the all money you save. Warranties are overrated IMO.

I've had to use my warranty twice on my puter and they sent me a new one, after I showed them receipt from LDS. Any saving I might have gotten from LP would have been exhausted with the two times I had to send my puter back to Oceanic. It is also great piece of mind.

I guess over the years I've purchased in excess of $8000 of gear from Leisure Pro.

I've never had an issue with LP's service, sales or support.

As far a warranties go, I try to buy equipment that I'm relatively sure won't crap out in the first year, to which a warranty is generally limited.

the K

The Kraken:
I guess over the years I've purchased in excess of $8000 of gear from Leisure Pro.

I've never had an issue with LP's service, sales or support.

As far a warranties go, I try to buy equipment that I'm relatively sure won't crap out in the first year, to which a warranty is generally limited.

the K

I think things like Oceanic puters and ScubaPro regs have a limited lifetime warranty? When I sent my puter to Oceanic it was 2 years and a few months old.

I have purchased my equipment from Leisure Pro but never had it service from them. I have mine serviced at my Local Dive Shop. I have no problems with the equipment thus far. I would also be interested if any one has had there equipment serviced there and how it went.

well, my kids are half jewish and we all make jokes like that, even "the jewish" side of the family....I think we learned it from them, they are pretty witty, smart people, always making the funniest cracks. (especially the ones in NYC)

just curious, why is it anti-semetic?

They tease me about being shicksa, etc. Not trying to start anything here, I honestly am trying to understand if that is offensive to some.

We made quite a few jokes about my son's briss...oh boy.

Hey, PF, I do really like LP. This "peace of mind" stuff you all should re-think. I think you all have been brainwashed a little. I have returned something to LP...oh yea my sinc cord... and they sent out a NEW one before they even got the old one, then credited me back. I find them to be "on it". They have or can get almost anything that exists, usually in less time than I can get my words out.

They come from a strong merchant lineage/tradition and can undercut just about anyone. The "undercutting" plays into the stereotype a bit if you are a competitor I imagine.

catherine96821:
well, my kids are half jewish and we all make jokes like that, even "the jewish" side of the family....I think we learned it from them, they are pretty witty people, always making the funniest cracks. (especially the ones in NYC)

just curious, why is it anti-semetic?

They tease me about being shicksa, etc. Not trying to start anything here, I honestly am trying to understand if that is offensive to some.

We made quite a few jokes about my son's briss...oh boy.

Hey, PF, I do really like LP.

That's family, where you can have a fair expectation of the result of the joke. A PM like that I wouldn't even notice, but in public with a open audience.....

catherine96821:

Offensive to some... ARe u freaking kidding. :shocked:

Back
Top Bottom