YOUR Leisure Pro Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$68 for parts for a current Scubapro regulator is insane. That is where your shop is flat out ripping you off. Parts kits for SP regs don't cost that much, even most of the parts for older, discontinued models don't come close to that.

I've ordered over $1,000 worth of gear from LP in the past two years and have never had any problems with them. I've made several returns as well and always received a credit in a timely manner. I live in Jersey and there are plenty of dive shops around, which you think would keep prices low, but no. I've even driven two hours to NYC to go to the LP shop when I needed an item for the next day, and still saved money after you counted gas and tolls.

I will say this though, it seems as if their prices are starting to climb slightly (or several other online retailers are lowering theirs).

I do use a LDS for things like tanks and my reg, and of course I use them for service. But for everything else, none of the shops in my area can touch the prices of LP.

Wayward Son:
$68 for parts for a current Scubapro regulator is insane. That is where your shop is flat out ripping you off. Parts kits for SP regs don't cost that much, even most of the parts for older, discontinued models don't come close to that.

Yeah after reading a bunch of posts around here it seems that a yearly reg service should cost at least half of what was quoted to me for parts. The labor cost seems inline with what most people have paid.

How much "should" normal yearly service on a SP reg cost besides the LDS labor charge?

Thanks in advance...:06:

My overhaul of regulators (first second octo gage) + visual for the tank cost me $180. The price list is: regs 25+25+25, something was $10 and a tank visual about $23, I estimated part was $70.00. This is usual to the NYC.
I decided to support my local dive store (they are extremely nice people) and gave them a try. Well I am not 100% satisfied.
First of all my second stage was free floating. Second - the marks of using the incorrect hex wrench on the first stage and destroyed chrome film. The marks on the first stage where the horses attached - 2 deep scratches on the chrome film to the bare metal of the first stage. Bunch of marks here and there on the metal parts indicating that the technician can not hold the wrenches correctly or not very care-full. All this from the diving store with probably 30 years of experience.

Leisure Pro - spent about $2000 with them in last 3 years. Always good service not a single problem. Buy the way they corrected the second stage floating problem (IP was set to high) in 5 minutes and free off charge. I offered tech guy tipp of $5 he smiled and told me that I should test it first and if it works to my expectations he will take $5.

Oh yeah, note about authorized dealer a famous franchise - I bought first/second stage and brought it to the swimming pool. It was free floating at 6 ft if I point it mouth peace up. I came back and told them about this problem. Their tech responded that it is a high performance reg and it will perform better at 60 ft and deeper. Not even the attempt to connect it to gages.
I thought water pressure and depth is a linearity. But I am a novice diver (did not get a lot of dives during this 3 years) and I probably do not understand something.

undin7:
My overhaul of regulators (first second octo gage) + visual for the tank cost me $180. The price list is: regs 25+25+25, something was $10 and a tank visual about $23, I estimated part was $70.00. This is usual to the NYC.
I decided to support my local dive store (they are extremely nice people) and gave them a try. Well I am not 100% satisfied.
First of all my second stage was free floating. Second - the marks of using the incorrect hex wrench on the first stage and destroyed chrome film. The marks on the first stage where the horses attached - 2 deep scratches on the chrome film to the bare metal of the first stage. Bunch of marks here and there on the metal parts indicating that the technician can not hold the wrenches correctly or not very care-full. All this from the diving store with probably 30 years of experience.

Leisure Pro - spent about $2000 with them in last 3 years. Always good service not a single problem. Buy the way they corrected the second stage floating problem (IP was set to high) in 5 minutes and free off charge. I offered tech guy tipp of $5 he smiled and told me that I should test it first and if it works to my expectations he will take $5.

Oh yeah, note about authorized dealer a famous franchise - I bought first/second stage and brought it to the swimming pool. It was free floating at 6 ft if I point it mouth peace up. I came back and told them about this problem. Their tech responded that it is a high performance reg and it will perform better at 60 ft and deeper. Not even the attempt to connect it to gages.
I thought water pressure and depth is a linearity. But I am a novice diver (did not get a lot of dives during this 3 years) and I probably do not understand something.

Does anyone one else get the impression that this is a Leisure Pro person?:wink:

pilot fish:
Does anyone one else get the impression that this is a Leisure Pro person?:wink:

If it is at least it shows they do understand something about servicing and diving....:D

I had my SP regs serviced at one of the LDS's within 140 miles of my home (4 total).
This one has a competitor 5 minutes away.
I did not take any classes there, I did not buy them there.
Annual for SP MK25/S550/R190 plus overhaul for 1982 Voit Swimmaster (1st&sec)

$97. He even asked if I needed it immediately, as he was leaving on a 2 week trip in the am. I didn't feel the need to ask any more questions.
In my case, saving $120 at LP would be foolish.

pilot fish:

Nope I am not a LP employee or any how associated with them.

I recently had a failure of my Smart-Tec dive computer, which I had bought from LP. I called, got an RMA number, mailed it back, and 3 weeks they sent me a brand new one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom