• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Your opinion...please!

Discussion in 'New Divers and Those Considering Diving' started by Raphyy, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Doc

Doc Was RoatanMan

# of Dives: None - Not Certified
    Not yet, but please standby. He's doing one of those on line courses right now.

Additional info coming in... SCUBA Toys just sold him the Ikelite Housing for the PS3 and the eRDP2. It was a combo housing, see?

Can you say Distinctive Specialty?

2. Standingbear56

Standingbear56 Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I suggest getting a VR3. It has great games to make your safety stops go faster - PLUS it's totally waterproof! I'm just waiting for the day when they have waterproof cases for laptops! You know, for all those executive divers :<)
    George
    PADI MSDT

3. Sinbad the Diver

Sinbad the Diver Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Good lord no. But the next innovation like that will be waterproof cell phones and boats with repeaters to cater to the I can't go anywhere without being in touch crowd. Followed soon after by the following post in the accidents forumn:

Diver drowns after running out of air at 15 ft. Witnesses report that the diver had spent their entire safety stop on a cell phone and indicated that the diver's buddy attempted to help but could not get the diver to put the phone down long enough to use the octo offered. Attempts to reach next of kin failed until they picked up the divers phone and found the conversation was still active.

4. Tristin

Tristin Guest

Im sure if u ask this same question on a message board for video game the answers will be completly opposite but coming from someone who is just exploring this cool sport and has his video game, video games get boring after a few week so I to recomend scuba. Altho footballs coming up and an HDTV would be killer for that u can alway go somewhere with one to watch your game.

5. Dzscubie

Dzscubie Nassau Grouper

Oh my God,,, quick someone give me some air.... Gowd I can't stop laughing....

6. WaxWorld

WaxWorld Divemaster

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    You can't go wrong with diving... But i think you asking the question on the wrong site, it is called *** ScubaBoard *** It's a no brainer for me! Pick the water, move towards the water, the water is calling you, the water wants you!!! Mmmmmhhh what shall i choose?