Your personal experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate checklists.....my dad was in the military, and we had room inspections when I was a kid, and he carried around a clip board with checklists. I gotta rebel against the check list thing. I have a crapload of equipment, all hanging on the wall in my garage. Once it is all packed the same stuff (I never use) is still hanging on the wall. I see just that stuff, I am good to go. Sloppy but foolproof, hasn't failed me yet!

Tom

My personal two cents : when you feel that you're in a tough spot and begin panicking a bit, STOP and breathe. I know that's what you'll be taught, but I've seen many people go on diving even if they're panicking. This may result in a very, very bad way.

I felt myself starting panicking once ( we were doing a dive involving a tunnel-like area, where it was dark and quite narrow...), I forced myself to stop even though I wanted to go on and be out of that tunnel, and honestly, I'm glad I did stop. I could catcg on breathing and learned a great lesson that day.

Amanda:
My personal two cents : when you feel that you're in a tough spot and begin panicking a bit, STOP and breathe. I know that's what you'll be taught, but I've seen many people go on diving even if they're panicking. This may result in a very, very bad way.

I felt myself starting panicking once ( we were doing a dive involving a tunnel-like area, where it was dark and quite narrow...), I forced myself to stop even though I wanted to go on and be out of that tunnel, and honestly, I'm glad I did stop. I could catcg on breathing and learned a great lesson that day.

Hey.....welcome back! I just noticed that you're posting again and it's nice to see.

R..

Thank, that's nice of you to say ! I'm a little lost so far with all the catching on, but I'll be back to my usual posting rythm in no time :D

There's no time like to present to relax, take your time and enjoy the dive. Climbed back on the boat and realized that I forgot to put a weight belt on 8-(. Good thing I had 1200 psi left in my AL80, otherwise that safety stop would have been rather interesting.

Make sure your dry suit is zipped.

(Don't ask...)

Beat you to that one, Rick :)

....don't hang on the anchor line waiting on your buddy when the boat is rockin' and rollin'.

And, keep your back to the waves and time your breathing when on the surface. (Almost yanked my arm out of the socket and drowned while trying these on for size.)

My personal lessons??

- jumping in without fins makes it easier to kick, but you don't go very fast

- expect an interesting reaction when you stop someone underwater who looks like your wife but isn't, especially when you reach into their BC pocket for your camera which isn't there

- your brand new friends get a giggle when you climb onto someone else's boat

- it is possible to lose your reg while belly laughing at your buddy's clowning around, and seawater doesn't taste nice

Interesting stuff here.

Just out of curiosity TaxGeek - are you a CPA? :06:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom