Your Superman stories about unbelievable skill, bravery, or luck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am married to my superhero. She in looong time of “trying” overcame a life long phobia of water deeper than she can stand in. The kind of phobia where she, even once she could swin some and no matter what flotation she wore would turn into an uncontrollable berserker once she realized she was in too deep... in dire snd immediate need of needing rescuing her at the risk of the rescuers life (sort of, she's half my weight, so, not really).. So, anyway, she did overcome that and is a diver now. Far from being a good one yet (hey, but neither am I), but she is diving and enjoys watching fishes. Floating on the surface... still not so much... but she works through it ... My real life superhero!

I was in Malta at the Blue Hole.

The first morning dive was in a site next to the Blue Hole.

After the dive, I saw another scuba diver waiting to exit. As the exit was a small stone staircase I waited behind him and started chatting. He was holding the handrail so I couldn’t go past him without pushing him.

I asked him what he was waiting for.
He looked a bit embarrassed and said he was waiting for his ‘assistant’. I didn’t want to bother him too much so I continued doing circles on my back waiting for him and his assistant.

When his assistant came and helped him to get out of the water and get up the stairs, then I saw that he had only one leg ... This guy is amazing, he has only one leg but that didn’t let that stop his passion for diving.

I was in Malta at the Blue Hole.

The first morning dive was in a site next to the Blue Hole.

After the dive, I saw another scuba diver waiting to exit. As the exit was a small stone staircase I waited behind him and started chatting. He was holding the handrail so I couldn’t go past him without pushing him.

I asked him what he was waiting for and he said he looked a bit embarrassed and said he was waiting for his ‘assistant’. I didn’t want to bother him too much so I continued doing circles on my back waiting for him and his assistant.

When his assistant came and helped him to get out, I saw that he had only one leg ... This guy is amazing, he has only one leg but that didn’t let that stop his passion for diving.

I had the opportunity to dive on a boat that catered to divers with disabilities. There was a team that included one member who was a quadriplegic. His partner was amazing! This was a dive with current, so the partner was the propulsion, he was also basically doing all the tasks including helping the diver equalize.

That diver is the true superhero!

That diver is the true superhero!
Another diver superhero participates in and links to this charity in his .sig

@BlueTrin @northernone - those guys are superhero's in my opinion.

I had the privilege of officiating at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow in 2014 and the Gold Medal game that I was given to do was the Para athletes. Every single one had life changing injuries or disabilities but they did not let it affect them in the slightest. Very humbling when you realise how their lives must be affected but they just adapt what they do and get on with it whereas a lot of fully able people would be moaning about the slightest things.

I got out of an unexpected wicked current (rip current) in SPI, Texas in 2010 and up onto a very jagged jetty and age 56. That was superhuman. Would not want to have to do that now...

...If you have a Superman hero ...
My dive shop forces 130 cubic feet of gas inside a tiny 3 foot container.

Tank Fillers are the World's Greatest Hero's with incredible skills !!

I don't think it was supposed to be competitive or overly humourous. Just a question. My little story was neither the bravest and nor humorous at all.

Back
Top Bottom