Youths Unite!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KyDodenhoff

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey to all the teens and young adults on SB! It's hard to find People are age's that are as excited about diving as US! So I though Id start a thread for all the younger divers to introduce them self’s, stories of diving, places you’ve traveled or anything you want to talk about! Who knows maybe will find some good dive companions!

Well I better go first. My names Ky I live in Oregon and have been diving for about a year. I’ve got 100 dives logged so far and just got my master diver card. I worked for a summer between college at a LDS and got a great amount of experience, not to mention all the great people I met! I’ve dove in Roatan, Honduras and the Channel Islands! Each have there great differences and I cant wait to go back and dive there again! I decided to take this year off from traveling and do a lot of spear fishing on the Oregon coast while I’m saving money! Next year though I have two trips planned one to Cozumel and then to Key West where I know to great dive instructers that live there and said I have a spot on there couch any time! So lots of great diving to forward too and I hope all of you guys and gals tell your “life stories” LOL

Hey to all the teens and young adults on SB! It's hard to find People are age's that are as excited about diving as US! So I though Id start a thread for all the younger divers to introduce them self’s, stories of diving, places you’ve traveled or anything you want to talk about! Who knows maybe will find some good dive companions!

Well I better go first. My names Ky I live in Oregon and have been diving for about a year. I’ve got 100 dives logged so far and just got my master diver card. I worked for a summer between college at a LDS and got a great amount of experience, not to mention all the great people I met! I’ve dove in Roatan, Honduras and the Channel Islands! Each have there great differences and I cant wait to go back and dive there again! I decided to take this year off from traveling and do a lot of spear fishing on the Oregon coast while I’m saving money! Next year though I have two trips planned one to Cozumel and then to Key West where I know to great dive instructers that live there and said I have a spot on there couch any time! So lots of great diving to forward too and I hope all of you guys and gals tell your “life stories” LOL

I like the thread!

This is my third season diving, I got certified through the dive club at THE Ohio State University. The group does a lot of camping/diving weekends at local quarries around Ohio, and I've become pretty good friends with the instructor who taught my OW class and a number of alumni who we partner up with in another Columbus area dive club. I have been diving in Florida, a number of times in the springs, and some in the gulf. I have gone on a blackbeard's cruise and got to see GBI, and Bimini.

I just graduated and am moving to the PNW. As the water temperatures in Ohio are pretty comparable to the PNW, and cash flow will increase now that I'm a college graduate I'm getting my first Dry Suit here in the next month or two. I'm hoping a DUI. I have a dry suit right now that has kept me going (I dove water as cold as 37 this year) but just can't wait to get one that doesn't have the leaks and the problems my current dry neoprene suit does.

Nice! How did you like diving in the gulf? I though about doing a trip with ethier the Aquacat or Blackbeards! Yea I just bought a Mares dry suit for spear fishing. Ive got a nice scubapro semi dry hydro-seal, but ive your doing multidives in cold water a dry suit is the way to go! Do you got any big trips planned?

Thanks for posting
Ky

Hey I mine as well join this discussion too. Been diving regularly for 2 years now (certified for 3). Actually got certified at Penn State. As for my OSU friend, I dive a DUI CF200X, bought it used off of a professor and could not be happier! He had only used it a few times before he had to give up diving for personal reasons. Anyway, what suit are you thinking about and what does PNW mean?

As for locations, been to Mexico twice, got certified in Jamacia, love central PA quarries, and am living right off of Lake Michigan for the summer. Anyway, got to go now but I will chat with you younger divers later!

hey, well i'm just really starting out here, i just got certified a week or two ago. i have less then 10 dives so i'm a noob, i just bought my own set of gear from a guy in ohio, i live in northern MI, in the pinky of Michigan, haha i like to say that, i mainly just did this so i can dive under boats in the marina i work at, i just did it today and made 100 bucks, but i live next to crystal lake as well and plan to do some dives when my friend gets his boat out.

when i went in the bay today to check out the props on the boat it was horrible vis i couldn't see but 3 to 4 feet in front of me, i just had to check for lines in the prop or on the shaft but i saw a couple bass swim by me and i got a letch on my glove so its kinda nasty water.

crystal lake is real clear tho so it should be better there, for the most part i'm looking for ppl to dive with, i could go with ppl at the shop i got certified at but thats 40 miles away. well hopefully i make some new friends on here thanks
wally

Hi. I realize I'm being Mr. Grumps tonight (my 3-week old son is taking a toll), but it should be easy to find other young people on SB--just look for the run-on sentences and poor grammar.

On a more positive note, it's great to see young people excited about diving. I've worked with people who lived on the shores of Puget Sound (and literally had to step off their back yard for great diving) but were too consumed with playing their X-box and Wii to want to do anything remotely interesting outdoors. When I told one he should learn to dive, he responded, "I would, but I don't know when I'd find the time, between work and playing video games."

C'est la vie. So grab it by the balls, and enjoy.

LOL nice burn on us youngins' but I hope youve had your prune juice and plenty of sleep toinght! Im really hoping to do Pugent Sound this fall! Sorry to hear about the diving accidents youve had there this year!

Hey Wally thats sweet your doing that at the marina! If I lived at coast i would be just doing that all summer! Ive heard of a couple guys making damn good money doing that!

its dived not dove.. honestly, young people...... :lotsalove:

Honestly people who pick out mistakes on a internet message board……Who’s the real:lotsalove::dork2:

heheeh - oh young one... its not a grammer thing

its actually a aussie/english V yanks thing

but youre young so hopefully you will learn quicker than the 9,138 members that incorrectly say dove and you will say dived instead :D

Back
Top Bottom