Youths Unite!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well you Aussie's might have a sweet accent and the some of the greatest dive spots on the world but we have.......Well shoot idk what we have that beats that!

you're askin for young divers... how about me? Let's just say I'm halfway done with middle school. I am a noob, w/only a few dives, but I'm excited about being a diver!

Hey I mine as well join this discussion too. Been diving regularly for 2 years now (certified for 3). Actually got certified at Penn State. As for my OSU friend, I dive a DUI CF200X, bought it used off of a professor and could not be happier! He had only used it a few times before he had to give up diving for personal reasons. Anyway, what suit are you thinking about and what does PNW mean?

As for locations, been to Mexico twice, got certified in Jamacia, love central PA quarries, and am living right off of Lake Michigan for the summer. Anyway, got to go now but I will chat with you younger divers later!

I'm looking at the TLS350 and TLSse from DUI, PNW=Pacific North West (i.e. Seattle)

Hi. I realize I'm being Mr. Grumps tonight (my 3-week old son is taking a toll), but it should be easy to find other young people on SB--just look for the run-on sentences and poor grammar.
Usually this is the case. Welcome to the aftereffects of the instant-messaging world and texting phenomenon. Proper grammar, spelling, sentence construction, and logical thought have been thrown out the window.

Might I make the request that we don't turn this thread into MySpace? :)

Might I make the request that we don't turn this thread into MySpace? :)

And why not,as long as the turbo language STAY"S in here.
Maybe we need a forum for the young ones,aswell.

So all u young ones chime in and demand your own forum.:D

Well I'm 24...so I guess I fall into the "young" diver category (I hope). I live in Virginia...although I'm in the process of trying to relocate to Fort Lauderdale. I got certified July 2007 and have about 30 dives (about half of which are ocean dives). I envy your 100 dives in one year.

I have been diving in the following locations: Fort Lauderdale, Cozumel, Belize, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, and Dominica...plus the local quarries. Besides actual diving...I'm also addicted to scubaboard. I've "met" a lot of very interesting people here, and some have been super helpful when I've traveled. I'm hoping once I move to FL, I'll have a pretty good core group of people to dive with often.

As proof that I'm way too into SB, I can remember random threads from months ago...
The dove vs dived thing
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/whine-cheeze/221798-no-such-word.html

Usage note Both dived and dove are standard as the past tense of dive. Dived, historically the older form, is somewhat more common in edited writing, but dove occurs there so frequently that it also must be considered standard: The rescuer dove into 20 feet of icy water. Dove is an Americanism that probably developed by analogy with alternations like drive, drove and ride, rode. It is the more common form in speech in the northern United States and in Canada, and its use seems to be spreading. The past participle of dive is always dived.M

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
:wink:

what i wouldn't give to live in florida. hopefully, my buddy and i will be diving the spigel grove in the keys, and then hitting the "big O" on the way back up in a month or so.

Well I'm 24...so I guess I fall into the "young" diver category (I hope). I live in Virginia...although I'm in the process of trying to relocate to Fort Lauderdale. I got certified July 2007 and have about 30 dives (about half of which are ocean dives). I envy your 100 dives in one year.

I have been diving in the following locations: Fort Lauderdale, Cozumel, Belize, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, and Dominica...plus the local quarries. Besides actual diving...I'm also addicted to scubaboard. I've "met" a lot of very interesting people here, and some have been super helpful when I've traveled. I'm hoping once I move to FL, I'll have a pretty good core group of people to dive with often.

As proof that I'm way too into SB, I can remember random threads from months ago...
The dove vs dived thing
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/whine-cheeze/221798-no-such-word.html

:wink:

well I may as well quit lurking. I got certified almost a year ago at school and joined the scuba club soon after. All my dives have been in the New River, which is pretty low viz, except for a few at the DAN treasure hunt last year at the Bluestone quarry.

I don't dive much since I don't have my own equipment, but I do have access to some decent club gear whenever I'm at school.

My current goals are to get more dives in next semester and maybe take AOW as well to prepare myself for some ocean diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom