Ys 60 and 5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

esquo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I think I am am a little trouble. I have a pt015 housing for my 5050. I just purchased a ys 60 ttl/s. I found it for a good price thinking it would work with the camera. I was told it is not compatible. Any suggestions on what to do?????

Yes, the large script hurts my eyes too. We'll cut you slack, since you are new to the board. WELCOME!!
Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. Once everyone looks past your post format, you should get some real help.

Welcome to the board and please do drop the large print.
I took a quick look at the specs on the YS-60 and I don't see any way to use it. Looks like you have a strobe for sale and a lesson learned. Sorry

esquo, get in touch with Matthias Heinrichs (Germany): info @ heinrichsweikamp.com

He makes an adaptor that'll allow you to use your strobe in TTL with a C5050. The part you are after is the Infra Red convertor "OLY-TTL-IR". Be sure to tell him you have the type 'S' connector. For more info see: http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/blitz/indexe.htm

Good luck.

esquo:
Hi, I think I am am a little trouble. I have a pt015 housing for my 5050. I just purchased a ys 60 ttl/s. I found it for a good price thinking it would work with the camera. I was told it is not compatible. Any suggestions on what to do?????

Shoot in MANUAL mode !!!!!!!! Set yourself FREE!!!!!!

Thanks for the help, I purchased the converter from Matthias. I will tell you how it works. Sorry about the font.

This appears to be just what I've been looking for. I've been shooting with a 5050 in a PT-015 with a YS-90DX--obviously full manual. But I don't shoot all the time so the settings are not intuitive. I've really wished I had ttl to the point of considering going to an Ikelite housing and strobes but the expenditure seemed absurd for a camera that's out of production.

Does anyone have any hands on experience with this? Any reason it could not be used with dual strobes? How do you order and what is the cost? I couldn't find the info on the website. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom