Yukon tangent thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We get it Dave. You have a problem with the dive op, and you think everyone who's ever cashed a check from the place should be drawn and quartered.A grudge is the only explanation for your continued beating of a dead horse. (IJS)

Once again you still didn't add anything positive or factual to this discussion, you simply continued to grind your axe with the organization.

He won't let go. The more people respond to his inane comments, the more we fuel his rage.

Of course I have a problem with the dive OP. It took 55 pages of reading for you to understand this? I have to beat a dead horse with you guys, cause you can speculate but I cannot. In fact the entire case has already been decided here.

People her have already decided WITH NO PROOF AT ALL and no reports being released that the diver ran out of air on the bottom and drowned. Also you decided that the boat leaving means nothing and they are cleared of everything. To top it off they are still cool and the fact that they didn't do a roll call, oh well that's just a small mistake and prolly won't happen again. So that's cool too. It was also determined that there is no way anything legal will come of it and for me even thinking otherwise against some people here makes whatever I have to say wrong and ridiculous. Any speculation that you don't agree with is insane.

The fact that still remains is I was there and have more to say than your mere speculation. Try to discredit me all you wish with your allegations and personal attacks. I have new information now that when released officially will make your speculation look idiotic. In the meantime keep guessing and learn your scuba lesson of the day from this entire senseless thread. Apply it the best you can and bring a stupid mirror and a whistle to signal for help the next time you are left behind by a charter boat.

Hey Dave wondering. Do you require a salute from your dive op before you enter the water or just upon your return?:shakehead:

Of course I have a problem with the dive OP.

Yet you hide it so well.

I have to beat a dead horse with you guys, cause you can speculate but I cannot.

You have to do nothing. You choose to spread your vitriol here.

People her have already decided WITH NO PROOF AT ALL and no reports being released that the diver ran out of air on the bottom and drowned.

This is not entirely true but that has never stopped you has it? Lots of things have been speculated here. Ya see Dave, that is the difference......people here are discussion serious possibilities based on the lack of knowledge. You? You are just rambling on with facts but refuse to THINK!!!! Reading comprehension may not be a strong point......we get it.

Also you decided that the boat leaving means nothing and they are cleared of everything.

Who cleared them of everything? Granted I have slowed down reading this thread because of all your BS but I still have not seen anybody say that this boat/captain/company did absolutely nothing wrong. Reading comprehension....ya we get it.

To top it off they are still cool and the fact that they didn't do a roll call, oh well that's just a small mistake and prolly won't happen again. So that's cool too.

And you have spoken to every member of the company and confirmed words? No. You have twisted words to suit your fight. Status quo.

It was also determined that there is no way anything legal will come of it and for me even thinking otherwise against some people here makes whatever I have to say wrong and ridiculous.

Why does something legal have to come of anything? You are the problem with out litigous society. Sue for everything.....

The fact that you do not agree with most people in this thread is not what makes you wrong and ridiculous......IJS.

Any speculation that you don't agree with is insane.

How about you try posting speculation and see. All you do is post BS and try to either call it fact or try to convince us it is fact. Another difference between you and almost every other poster in this thread.

The fact that still remains is I was there

How is that fact? Have you proven that you were there? Or have you just told people that you were there and called it fact?

......and have more to say than your mere speculation.

You have yet to offer much of value specific to this case other than your attacks on the company and it's employees. Apparently "being there" (a "mile away" listening to a radio I might add) does not offer much to offer in the way of intelligent discussion points.

I have new information now that when released officially will make your speculation look idiotic.

Wow you are important. You said it so it must be true......wow you have new information. Did you get it by lurking and stalking the staff of this boat?

In the meantime keep guessing and learn your scuba lesson of the day from this entire senseless thread. Apply it the best you can and bring a stupid mirror and a whistle to signal for help the next time you are left behind by a charter boat.

You forgot about the HEFTY bag......

Dave, you show up, say you were there and spend hours attacking the company without really offering anything in the way of verifiable fact. You obviously have an axe to grind with this company......why not just start a thread in the Whine & Cheese forum rather than further muddy up this thread?

Last edited:
Divemaster Dave if you are what you say you are a Divemaster then how come your DM Insurance is not paid up. Why did you let it go ? You as a DM should know the rules about keeping your Insurance up to date .

First off I have to say thank you ... I've spent a great deal of time on ScubaBoard in the past 8-1/2 years, and thought I had read it all.

You've provided me with some entertaining statements that I can honestly say I've never seen before.

TheEngineer:
The DiveMASTER is called that for a reason. He is, in fact, the dive police on that boat.
Oh very good ... A+ for originality. It's fiction, of course ... but very creative.

TheEngineer:
The same reason your card is supposed to get checked when you buy dive gear and get air fills.
Hmmm ... how does that work for Internet purchases?

I've never been on a boat that HASN'T checked cards. The good ones even go so far as to request to see your dive log.
Out of curiosity, can you name some of these boats? I've been on a lot of boats in various parts of the world, and while most will ask you to register your certification level on a waiver, none have ever asked to actually see my C-card. Nor have I ever been had a requestion ... on a boat, dive shop, or resort ... to see my dive log. Why would they? A dive log is an easy thing to fake ... and since it's purely an optional device, a great many divers don't even keep one.

I'm still making my way through this thread, but having now read several pages worth of your comments, you come across as someone whose diving knowledge comes primarily from having read one specific agency's manuals, and bought into a rather narrow view of diving as a whole.

As someone who regularly does both photography and solo diving, I have to say that a great deal of what you've written can easily be dismissed as the rather strongly expressed opinions of someone who doesn't really know much.

But it is entertaining ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You previously said that you were near by on another boat. So, which is it ? Where you a first hand witness to the events or a distant observer ?

Close enough to see almost everything and answer the MAYDAY. You have better information from your viewpoint? I guess I have to reiterate again since you didn't read. Closer than Ontario, Huachuca and Gulf Coast. But from there it's much easier to be a Monday morning quarterback and backseat driver and for some reason continue to ignore the play by play.

You have yet to offer much of value specific to this case other than your attacks on the company and it's employees. Apparently "being there" (a "mile away" listening to a radio I might add) does not offer much to offer in the way of intelligent discussion points.
Yes a mile away at the beginning, but a lot closer after the MAYDAY was out.
I tried to give some detailed information and a timeline that would have generated some valuable speculation. But that was ignored and people here went the opposite direction refusing to hear how things happened. It's like explaining something to children 100 times and knowing you are going to have to do it again.

Divemaster Dave if you are what you say you are a Divemaster then how come your DM Insurance is not paid up. Why did you let it go ? You as a DM should know the rules about keeping your Insurance up to date .
I said before, go back and read, I am retired from "working" in the dive industry. I am near retirement and will probably get out of diving next year so I don't have an in water incident, hope to have someone help me and have them drastically fail or perhaps just leave me. Yes I have a DM card. I am saving the $400 a year for retirement. In this economy who isn't trying to save? The work that I am in does not require dive insurance. There is no chance of me leaving a diver behind and getting sued.

But Joe with 10,000 posts and not even 100 dives and you not being a DM, I wouldn't expect you to understand this. As with most people in this thread you will need to go refer to a manual, magazine or another thread before you can figure it out. Try getting some dives under your belt. Getting off the computer and learning through real experience. It's a joke listening to someone offer opinions on diving who barely dives.

Seems like all the experts with a few hundred dives are coming out now to throw a stone and build up their # of posts. How do I get a PADI Forum Diver patch?

Boy,

I participated in this thread in the beginning and stayed out of it when it became more about personal attacks and rebuttals. I can't believe this thread has gone on for 56 pages!

Dave has his opinions and you or I may not agree with them. We have our opinions and others may not agree with them either.

I have over 1000 dives in cold and warm water at depths up to 135ft. I dive nitrox and air. I dive solo rarely and buddy almost always. I've had good buddies and not so good buddies. I am an avid UW photographer. I've also had a few close calls with OOA in the 18 years I've been diving. I thank God for some clear thinking during those times, my dive computer and some very good live aboards. I can tell you that I have never needed to use my Spare Air but I always have it on my BC.

What I really care about is additional information regarding the incident and how I can make sure I avoid the conditions that led to Mr. Clampitt's passing. That includes any discussions that could improve my techniques or practices. What I don't care about, except for the entertainment factor, is the personal issues that keep surfacing.

Don

Don

Don

Yes a mile away at the beginning, but a lot closer after the MAYDAY was out.
I tried to give some detailed information and a timeline that would have generated some valuable speculation. But that was ignored and people here went the opposite direction refusing to hear how things happened. It's like explaining something to children 100 times and knowing you are going to have to do it again.

I'll steer clear of the other mud slinging and try something constructive for once. Have you ever thought of maybe trying a different approach? You have failed miserably in your approach and rather than try a different approach, you sling mud and call everyone who fails to see your importance as you do a child (and worse). Try constructive and you might be surprised.

If you choose to stay the same course, then I'll be the guy selling the :popcorn: in the corner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom