Zeagle Express Tech Deluxe BC help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asxinu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've recently purchased the Express Tech backplate and the deluxe harness to make a lighter/less bulky BC from my current brigade BC. Now that I have the backplate and harness, it's time to assemble the BC. The website scuba.com has a nifty video on how to assemble the Express Tech BC which has helped but the deluxe harness is a bit more tricky. From Zeagle's website I've been able to put it together just by looking at their pictures but I'm not sure if it's correct or for that matter, how it should fit. I've asked Zeagle but have not heard back yet and am waiting to hear from the dive shop I purchased the parts from but thought I would ask here to see if anyone has had any experience with the Deluxe version of the Express Tech.

I'm working with my new Zeagle Express Tech (ET) now. I'm not sure that my dive shop assembled it properly. Scuba.com has a nice assembly video:

Scuba.com Video: Zeagle Express Tech Buoyancy Compensator (BC) Video Review - Buoyancy Compensators

Hope it helps.

I've recently purchased the Express Tech backplate and the deluxe harness to make a lighter/less bulky BC from my current brigade BC. Now that I have the backplate and harness, it's time to assemble the BC. The website scuba.com has a nifty video on how to assemble the Express Tech BC which has helped but the deluxe harness is a bit more tricky. From Zeagle's website I've been able to put it together just by looking at their pictures but I'm not sure if it's correct or for that matter, how it should fit. I've asked Zeagle but have not heard back yet and am waiting to hear from the dive shop I purchased the parts from but thought I would ask here to see if anyone has had any experience with the Deluxe version of the Express Tech.

the harness should of come assembled at time of purchase. i bought a deluxe harness for my alm backplate and it came assembled. now i did make some adj to it.

as far as fit goes it needs to be comfy and secure. i took and moved the quick release buckles down to my waist so i could attach a flashlight on the shoulder area without the two interfearing with eachother. i also added extra metal d-rings in the shoulder area. doing that would of put to much in one area if i did not move the buckles down. as for the pull down adjustment straps, i have them pre adjusted. i use mine for a set of doubles so i dont need to adj the harness at all, but if i had to i still could. i just wont be able to do it while i am wearing it.

i hope you guys get it figured out. it is a nice setup and my dad loves his, but he has the standard harness.

My shop put it together incorrectly. I watched the video at scuba.com and got it squared away. My setup is just what you see in the video ... strap pads, back pad & chest strap. I tried it in a pool today. Weird at first compared to a jacket bc, but I'm sure I'll like it when in Belize 2 weeks from now.

Well, I bought the backplate and deluxe harness as individual parts because I already had the bladder and tank clamps. When they came, the harness came unassembled. Like I said, I think I have it assembled based on Zeagles pictures scuba.com's great video. I was hoping to get some pictures or pointers on how it should fit. I think I need to trim the 2" shoulder webbing because I seems to be slightly too long. I also purchased some stainless d-rings to put on the shoulder area. I guess I just need to complete this with weight pockets and get in the water and play with the fit.

If your Brigade has the rear trim pouches you can use those, I took mine off of my Ranger and the 44# bladder.

I got some of the XS Scuba 5# Weight pockets and put them on the waist band of the harness, 2 on each side, when I am using my FarmerJohn up hear in the north land. When I am in the Caribbean in my shorty I switch 2 of the XS Scuba weight pouches to the chest section of the webbing as I am leg heavy in my shorty and need weight on my chest.

Makes for a very flexible unit. It feels very secure, no rolling, wobbling or shifting.

Back
Top Bottom