Zeagle Flathead 7 vs Atomic B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There have been lots of permutations of comparisons, so I would like to see one of the Flathead 7 vs Atomic B2. They're close in price, so I'd like to hear which breathes better, maintenance, dryness, etc, for say California and warm-water diving.

Adam

I have not used Atomics but I have Zeagles, and there is no problem with ease of breathing.

From my conversation with the technician at the shop if Atomic has the environment kit you will be spending extra 30-50 buck on the crystolube every time you service the 1st stage. Besides he told me that the free kits are not included anymore (not sure if this is Canadian thing). You can also easily get kits from Zeagle.

I have both of these rigs and also a AQ Legend supreme.

The B2 is in my opinion, hard to beat. It is far better than my AQ but must say the Flathead seven is pretty much it's equal.

The B2 with xtx20 Apeks Octo is my main setup. The Flathead-7 is my OTS FFM rig...
and my teaching rig is the AquaLung rig.

Maybe more thoughts after my Cozumel/G.Cayman diving trip at the end of Jan.

I have both. They both breathe beautifully. Both are small and light.

B2: Piston design 1st stage longer and thinner with all LP hose routing coming off swivel at bottom. Inline swivel and first stage swivel make second stage weightless. 1st stage not environmentally sealed.

F7: Diaphragm design 1st stage shorter and wider with a wide variety of hose routing options. Miflex hose makes second stage almost weightless. 1st stage environmentally sealed.

For moderate to warm water, the B2 is probably a bit better because it eliminates jaw fatigue and is tried and true, but overall I prefer the F7 because much of my diving is cold water and my options for routing drysuit inflator hose, octo hose, primary second stage hose, LPI hose and HP hoses/transmitters are more
ergonomic and flexible. Plus stylistically, the F7 is unique.

i only have the b2 and i love it i live in florida and in the springs it works great and in the open water dives i only had trouble with it once and it was my fault!

The B2 is in my opinion, hard to beat. It is far better than my AQ but must say the Flathead seven is pretty much it's equal.

The B2 with xtx20 Apeks Octo is my main setup. The Flathead-7 is my OTS FFM rig...

What is OTS FFM? and how does the B2 compare with the Flathead 7?

I have breathed on both my Legend and Atomic and cannot tell the difference. In what sense do you mean the Atomic is far better???

Both regulators get glowing reviews, but until I'm convinced one is better than the other I'll probably continue with my old Oceanic Delta 2.

Adam

A review by Scuba Diving Mag mentioned the Flathead 6 is more suitable for someone who likes a larger mouthpiece.

Can someone comment on mouthpiece comparison between the Flathead 7 and Atomic?

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom