Zeagle Flathead 7 vs Atomic B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A mouthpiece costs 5-30 bucks , and you can install any you want. Why would you include it into the comparison :)?

1+.

Strange that a scuba magazine would give much weight to the regulator's mouthpiece, other than to say "we didn't really like the stock mouthpiece, but it is easy and cheap to change".

Best wishes.

2+

Kind of like passing on a pair of shoes you really like because the laces are too short and thick.

I only mention this because I recently replaced a pair of shoe laces with longer, thinner ones and was amazed at how much easier it is now to tie them and at how much more comfortable my shoes are now.

Cost me $1.29. Can't believe I didn't think to do it sooner.

Last edited:
2+

Kind of like passing on a pair of shoes you really like because the laces are too short and thick.

I only mention this because I recently replaced a pair of shoe laces with longer, thinner ones and was amazed at how much easier it is now to tie them and at how much more comfortable my shoes are now.

Cost me $1.29. Can't believe I didn't think to do it sooner.

OK That's a good point. But there may be a difference in the size of the 2nd stage mouthpiece attachment and the mouthpiece may not be easily interchangeable-- I don't know. In any case who wants to go fiddling with different mouthpieces on a new reg.

Adam

OK That's a good point. But there may be a difference in the size of the 2nd stage mouthpiece attachment and the mouthpiece may not be easily interchangeable-- I don't know. In any case who wants to go fiddling with different mouthpieces on a new reg.

Adam

...fiddling with different mouthpieces ? ...we ain't talking about replacing the dilithium crystals in a warp core here...... upgrading/fitting/replacing a mouthpiece is by far the cheapest/easiest way to improve the feel/comfort of a reg....it's a no brainer !

Adam

Hi Adam,

I understand what you are saying, but mouthpiece comfort is so subjective (and so easy to correct) that it should not be a consideration.

Things that contribute to the overall "comfort" of a 2nd stage are:

1.) Mouthpiece.
2.) Proper hose length and proper hose routing.

Of the two above, the mouthpiece is easiest for the average diver to "fix".

What is most important to me personally is cost vs performance vs ease of service , assuming the reliability is a "given" (I service my own regs, thus prefer "easy to service" over complex).

Best wishes.

I have an Atomic Z2 and like it very much. I haven't used the Flatheads so no new input there. What I can vouch for is the Atomic mouthpiece. I've since replaced my sherwood SR1 mouthpiece with the Atomic - it's my favorite version. Subjective/ymmv/etc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom