Zeagle flathead VII v LT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ndemeis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
What is the difference? Starting to dive when I move back home and looking at both regs but haven't seen a difference. Also I dove on Apeks xtx50 before. How do these compare? I've never used zeagle for regs before but they are priced pretty good.

I believe the LT is the unsealed version of the VII - in other words, same reg but the VII is environmentally sealed

For Apeks, XTX50 is actually a second stage model - they can be paired with different first stages, usually DST or DS4 (both environmentally sealed)

Apeks and Zeagle breath the same. I prefer Apeks Seconds i have Atx50 on flathead vi.

Lt does not have the environment diafragm. Saying it is not environmentally sealed is not 100 percent correct as all the guts except the lp spring are sealed by the lp diaphragm. If you dive waters above 40 and i think even less than that you will likely be fine

Zeagles are built bulletproof inside so you will unlikely have issues with either. You can officially buy kits for zeagles

Saying it is not environmentally sealed is not 100 percent correct as all the guts except the lp spring are sealed by the lp diaphragm

Is that any different to Apeks or other 'environmentally sealed' diaphragm regs?

When I researched this a while ago I recall that yes the 7 is sealed, LT unsealed, the LT is a little lighter and has slightly lower work of breathing. But as others have pointed the WOB may not be an issue as it's mostly a function of the second stage in practice.

Adam

Thanks all. I plan on using this when I get back to Boston in September so the VII is probably the way to go.

I have the Flathead VI and I love it. When I bought it there was a local dealer here to do the service. After a few months of having the reg the dealer stop supporting Zeagle. So, the only way I can continue to use the reg is order the service kits from the US. Other than that. I have no complaints.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom