Zeagle or Huish dealer in Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Come on Pete, just do the poodle jacket and send us some pictures!

Seriously though, sorry you're having to deal with this on such an awesome trip. :(

Come on Pete, just do the poodle jacket and send us some pictures!
The Scubarazzi would love that. :D :D :D
Seriously though, sorry you're having to deal with this on such an awesome trip. :(
I missed a bit of diving as I got my head around this and that's OK. I could have 'pushed' it and dove, but that's what causes accidents. We were doing the Tiger shark dive today. I woke feeling ill at ease. Like a premonition. Not quite strike one, but a definite foul. During the dive briefing, they cautioned that we needed full body suits. I kind of remember this from discussions in the states, but I never wear a suit. I hate them. Strike 1. I was going to call my dive right then, but the organizer thought I would be OK. So, I got on the boat, found my 'tub', put a few things in there and went to check my BCD. No one configures it as I do, so I check and redo things that aren't 'me'. This way I know it's right. All the BCDs/tanks were lying side by side, really cramped and as I go to lift my BCD, I see the gaping hole. Crap. Huge strike three, and I am calling the dive. But the organizer says they have a BCD and send the shuttle boat back to shore for it. We wait a few minutes and they come back. I tell the shuttle boat to wait and try on the BCD. WAY, way, way too freakin' small. That's a strike three with a foul and I'm out. No tears. No recriminations. They say they have a bigger BCD, but I'm done for the day. I know when the karma is running over my dogma and there ain't nothing down there worth getting hurt for. I'll get online, do the ScubaBoard stuff and answer emails.

So, now I have a plan. Strip the bladder off and dial in my weighting even closer. I think I'm putting in a puff, but no more, so I'll drop it two pounds and see. Next month is the 50th year since my first dive in Lake Underhill, Orlando Fl. Back then I used a rope to tie a tank with a j-valve to my back. Yes, it was scratchy manilla rope, so I wore a t-shirt and the bottom rope relocated itself to the neck while getting wrapped in the t-shirt, which made it awkward getting out of the water. No bladder or SPG and my depth gauge was a red ribbon. ScubaPro Jet open heel fins on bare feet and a three panel ScubaPro mask rounded out my dive kit. I saw a lot of mucky bottom, a rather large cottonmouth on ascent, and ran into a bridge pylon at the very end. I couldn't have been happier. I think I got this. :D

I just know when the karma is running over my dogma.

Yep, I get that. Fairly recently my dive buddy was upset about calling a dive. I told her if you're not feeling it, call it. The ocean will be there tomorrow. A couple of more called dives later and she learned that if you're not feeling it, it's never worth it!

OK, the bladder is off. I'm going to dive my Express Tech bladderless tomorrow off the boat. Here's a picture of the damage:

5NaAq1-20190527_144935.jpg

Bad juju...

I want my BCD!
(To the tune of "Money for Nothing")

Now look at them yoyos,
That's not the way you do it!
Bouncin' off the reef
Like a chimpanzee!
No, that's not diving!
Got's to learn your BCD!

Now, that ain't diving!
Yo man, that looks so dumb!
Braking off coral like a little dingus!
And fire coral all over your bum!

Got to sell these Scuba widgits!
Custom wetsuit, back plate and wings!
Got to move 'em up off the bottom!
Neutral buoyancy is a ScubaBoard thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

A hoowa hoowa!

See that instructor kneeling on the bottom?
Yeah, he's got his whole class there!
That instructor kneeling on the bottom?
Buddha pose won't make him a millionaire!

A hoowa hoowa!

I want my BCD!

Does the dive shop carry a fitting like this? It would seem like you could replace the fitting with what I linked to and screw the elbow back on.

They don't have much, so I doubt it. I'll order that when I get home though. :D

It's easy to get the bladder off the ET. Just don't remove the retainer straps that go behind the tank, they are a pain to get back in. I usually have a bladder on when traveling just to keep the DM's happy but almost never use it except as a float while waiting on the boat. I would suggest you modify your weighing a bit, assuming 80 ft tanks, go in about 2 lbs heavy which will leave you about 2 lbs light at the end. 2 lbs at either end of the dive is easier to control than dealing with 4 lbs light at the end, esp if you are doing safety stops.

Doesn’t matter if there is a dealer, you can’t get parts anyway. Not for months.

On a Truk trip last year the “airline” decided to leave much of my gear (freedom plate and VDH 18) in Guam. Had to use a jacket for the first two days, one thing I hate much more than the jacket is missed dives, I missed no dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom