Zeagle Ranger issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One more thing you might consider is the Zeagle Brigade. Basically it is a full blown Zeagle Ranger but with a smaller 35 lb wing from the Zeagle Escape model.

Greatly reduces pack space. But I suppose it also reduces lift which you mentioned you wanted. This is a scuba toys exclusive but can also be had on eBay rather cheap.

Great! I'll check that out, and thanks again for the input.

please ask the mods to move this out of the Zeagle subforum so we can speak more freely about it. Not that Zeagle monitors this subforum, but we aren't allowed to talk about other manufacturers in here and they usually prefer we not talk down on the system

Ah. Si. Special Rules. Should have read that before posting. Apologies to all...

The move is simply so someone can say BPW and DSS without feeling bad we are in an unmonitored Zeagle forum. And to think we almost had a conversation on topic.

actually the rec was going to be a Dive Rite Hunterpac and save damn near $400 because Zeagle is horrifically overpriced for what it is and the Hunterpac is more inline with what people around there are used to and it's supporting a Florida business. On top of that if you read the rules for these subforums, they are here specifically for asking the manufacturer about their products, not asking for members opinions. Zeagle will obviously not say anything negative about their top of the line product, so it is not appropriate to have this question in this forum

2) Posts made in this forum should be questions specifically for the manufacturer of the product. General questions which are best served in one of the other forums on ScubaBoard may be moved at the discretion of ScubaBoard moderators.

I'm considering a Zeagle Ranger. I'm an active DM and do all my work and recreational diving at rec depths. Because of my age I won't be doing caves, deep penetration of wrecks, or using doubles, sidemounts, etc, so I just need a conventional but durable BC with high lift capacity and a HIGH standard of reliability. Two concerns: first; I've read that some folks have had their weights dumped by accident (somehow dropped without the diver's intent to drop them), and; second, I've read reports of bladder seals cracking/disintegrating, rendering the BC useless and, in some cases, soon after it was new.

Further information/thoughts on these issues would be appreciated.

Thanks
We have been using Zeagle Rangers as the only BCDs (save for sidemount stuff) in the rental fleet for close to 10 years now.

No issues with the bladder seals.

As others have stated. Use the weight pouches.

please ask the mods to move this out of the Zeagle subforum so we can speak more freely about it. Not that Zeagle monitors this subforum, but we aren't allowed to talk about other manufacturers in here and they usually prefer we not talk down on the system
The OP asked questions about the Zeagle Ranger.

You are free to start a thread comparing one BCD vs another elsewhere.

The OP asked questions about the Zeagle Ranger.

You are free to start a thread comparing one BCD vs another elsewhere.

do you understand the rules that apply to this? Clearly not, please ask Howard to enlighten you on the "special rules" that apply. This thread is not appropriate for this subforum as clearly stated by the special rules. The OP did not ask anything that customer service from Zeagle would be able to answer, and per the rule #2, since it was a general question not a specific one about their product, it should have been in another subforum and should be moved.

Special Rules for Q&A Forums

Back
Top Bottom