Zeagle Ranger LTD - Reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Within 10 minutes I suspect you will get multiple suggestions to try a BP/W or you will die, so I won't repeat that.

I dove with a ranger for about a year (75 dives). It is built very, very well. extremely robust and it also has one of the few integrated weight systems (rip cord) that I am comfortable trusting. It also has lots of features and also options like extra pockets, pony mounts, etc... Scott Zeagle is on SB and stands behind his products. If you really want a fully integrated BCD, look the the Zeagle Stiletto, it is a bit smaller.

That said, I found it too big to travel with. Even though I dive temperate (50F) waters and am a big person, it was more than I needed (45lbs of lift, big wide wing, etc... The pockets were a little hard to work with (typical with many BCD's). I ended up selling it and going with a BP/W, for me the less is more mentality won.

I have a Zeagle Ranger (not the LTD) and really like it. It's very durable and I like the ripcord system. I've used it locally and on vacation in Bonaire twice. The only negative to me is that it is a little bulky and difficult to pack for vacation.

I dive a Zeagle Ranger LTD. Great BCD, durable for me so far. It is heavy though. Approx 45 dives on mine to date. I agree with the travel comments, it is bulky. It all depends on what you want to use it for; locally, it's great. The pockets are next to useless as they are too far back ( for me anyway ). Also, with the weight in each pocket, the other pockets are hard to open. I do like the hose attachment to clean the bladders, works very well. So far, I'm happy with it. I have never tried a BP/W, but probably will in the future.

Check out the Zeagle Brigade from Scuba Toys.. Its a Ranger Harness with a smaller Bladder.

I own both a Ranger and a Brigade from Scuba Toys. The Brigade is for warm water trips and I use the Ranger at home.

The Brigade has 150 dives on it over 4 years.

I really like it as I do the Ranger. I can't say that I have a lot of dives on other equipment, but I have no complaints.

The Zeagle BCs are the only equipment that I haven't changed since I bought my own stuff.

Wife had a Zena, but she's swapped to a Laser - again Zeagle!

I have been diving the smaller bladder Zeagle Brigade for 5 years. It's a very good BC. If you will be diving primarily singles it is worth a look. I believe it is specially made for Scuba Toys.

BTW, "ScottZeagle" is Scott at Zeagle. His last name isn't Zeagle. Anyway, he is really great about responding to posts here and even to PMs.

I dive a Ranger and it is great. Plenty of lift, very durable, and great weight intigrated system. Plenty of D rings and roomy pockets, however a bit far back. You have to throw this BC away to get rid of it. I've had mine for a year now and it has an easy 300+ dives on it, all in dirty river water. I give the Ranger 2 thumbs up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom