Zeagle Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doos

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am about to purchase some regs, and have taken a liking to the Zeagle ZX/50D setup. I do a lot of cold water diving here, and the look like they fit the bill.

I was in one of the LDS's the other day and asked about them (this dive shop is one of the 2 Zeagle rep's in town). The lady there told me that, and I paraphrase, Zeagle regs were crap and she wouldn't even order them in for me. She then gave me a big speech about how great Apecks regs were and how I should get them instead.

I did a bit of a search here, and didn't find much bad news about Zeagle regs.

Is this lady just getting bigger kick-backs from Apecks, or does she have a point?

Any first hand experience with Zeagle regs (good or bad) would be appreciated.

Cheers

i've used a set of Zeagles once, and they were very good

from what i understand, they are comparable to ScubaPro, Poseidon, Apeks
and Atomic

this is hearsay (i have cheapo regs)

doos:
Hi Folks,

I am about to purchase some regs, and have taken a liking to the Zeagle ZX/50D setup. I do a lot of cold water diving here, and the look like they fit the bill.

I was in one of the LDS's the other day and asked about them (this dive shop is one of the 2 Zeagle rep's in town). The lady there told me that, and I paraphrase, Zeagle regs were crap and she wouldn't even order them in for me. She then gave me a big speech about how great Apecks regs were and how I should get them instead.

I did a bit of a search here, and didn't find much bad news about Zeagle regs.

Is this lady just getting bigger kick-backs from Apecks, or does she have a point?

Any first hand experience with Zeagle regs (good or bad) would be appreciated.

Cheers
Scott Zeagle does post here, and responds to customer posts, which in itself is an indicator of someone who cares about quality.

My first question would be - did she have Zeagle regs in stock, or just Apeks? Unfortunately, this usually happens whe a shop doesn't have exactly what you WANT, but instead they have something that THEY want to sell you.

My second question would be - what is the name of the shop?

If you don't feel comfortable posting it here, you can PM me!

Scott

Scott, you do raise a good point in that they did not have any Zeagle regs in stock. Maybe too much hassle to order things in, easier to try and push what's in stock?

doos:
Scott, you do raise a good point in that they did not have any Zeagle regs in stock. Maybe too much hassle to order things in, easier to try and push what's in stock?
Still, no excuse to badmouth a manufacturer they don't carry. Speaks volumes about a business IMO.

MoonWrasse:
Still, no excuse to badmouth a manufacturer they don't carry. Speaks volumes about a business IMO.

ScottZeagle posting within a half hour speaks volumes as well!

jetfixer:
ScottZeagle posting within a half hour speaks volumes as well!

Ah, I just got lucky!!! I always try to stop in here just before bedtime...:wink:

I was watching the Mavs get beat by the Suns and figured that ScubaBoard was better than that...

Doos - every dive shop doesn't do that, but unfortunately it does happen more than I would like. It is much easier to sell something that is in stock than to have to actually place an order. Surely you know how strenuous picking up a PHONE can be!!! :cwmddd:

Good night folks!

Scott

I use the ZX50 reg for every dive. I dive mostly cold water, and have no complaints at all. I love my reg - no problems w/ free flows, adjustable flow control, easy purge...

I haven't used an Apeks, but my Zeagle is a pleasure to dive with and I would recommend it.

Unfortunately, I understand Scott. I'm sure if it comes to the difference between making a sale and not wanting to use the phone, she might come around.

BTW... Mavs/Suns won't really matter once they meet up with San Antonio.

Thanks for the input; any body out there with any first hand Zeagle reg experience. (Sorry Scott, I don't think you win the "Unbiased Opinion" award here; no offence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom