Zeagle Stiletto Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbpraigg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just purchased a new Stiletto this evening from my LDS and am trying to determine the best placement for the Zeagle knife. Any suggestions with possible photos?

Also, I have read several Stiletto reviews (older and newer) that reference an optional lumbar support. It appears to me that this Stiletto has some type of support already installed. Can someone give me some idea if the support was implemented in a design change or if it still optional and my LDS just chooses to order them this way? In addition, it is possible that what is installed on mine is just some padding that I am assuming is the lumbar support that folks are referring to.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I just purchased a new Stiletto this evening from my LDS and am trying to determine the best placement for the Zeagle knife. Any suggestions with possible photos?

Also, I have read several Stiletto reviews (older and newer) that reference an optional lumbar support. It appears to me that this Stiletto has some type of support already installed. Can someone give me some idea if the support was implemented in a design change or if it still optional and my LDS just chooses to order them this way? In addition, it is possible that what is installed on mine is just some padding that I am assuming is the lumbar support that folks are referring to.

Thanks in advance.

Well, how big is the knife? How does it mount? I have a very small knife and I Zip tied it to the cumberbund on the right side, just before where the strap starts.

Joe

Thanks Joe. In response to how big the knife is, it is the Zeagle knife. To my knowledge, there is only one version. I would assume that there is a specific location that Zeagle intended it to go based on the model of BC, that's why I am asking.

are you talking about the "line cutter" ? also the "full lumbar" pads the back as well as the entire cumberbun it makes the whole thing a lot more comfy take a look at the zeagle site ..

....check out the Zeagle WWW site....it's pretty good about offering product photos/specs, there you can see what is standard/optional on your BC. ...about the placement of the knife, I don't know offhand where you 'officially' mount it per Zeagle specs.......among my fleet of BC's I do own an old Ranger, where I custom mounted a small Akona knife, via zip ties, on the lower right side, just forward of the right side weight pocket area. I used to have the knife mounted upside down on the upper/underneath side of the corrugated BC hose via zip ties....which worked OK, and is a good spot if you can't find another spot....but I prefer the waist mounted spot and that's where I moved mine once I figured out how to move it there, as it involved a bit of 'custom' design on my part. That being said, it's possible Zeagle has improved their designs to better accomodate a knife....research their WWW site to get yourself briefed on the latest news.

I have a full sized knife mounted on my cumber-bun. I have one of the original Stilettos made in the USA. The lumbar padding was not an option at that time. Not sure what they are doing now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom