Zeagle TX100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bond628

Registered
Reaction score
Is the TX100 distributed by Zeagle when Apeks made their regulators the exact same reg as the TX100 still sold by Apeks?

NO, they are not the same, some would like you to think that though. But they are not.

ID

ID,

What was the difference other than the 2nd stage cover with a Zeagle logo and the name, Flathead VI.

JoelW

The Apeks regulators distributed by SeaQuest are not the identical ones that were sold 1-2 years ago by Zeagle and Apeks.

According to my friend TekDiver (who is very familiar with the two designs), SeaQuest changed the design of some items in the first stage and possibly something in the 2nd stage as well.

PM Tekdiver if you'd like more details,

The correct answer to your question is yes, the Old Zeagle and the Apeks TX100 are the same.

I apologize for my previous answer, I misread the question.

ID

The Apeks TX-100 was rebadged and distributed as the Zeagle Flat Head 6 up until about a year ago.

Air Liquide, parent of Apeks and Seaquest (and Aqualung), ended this arrangement with Zeagle and started distributing the Apeks regs as Apeks regs through Seaquest dealers.

Zeagle went to work designing their own line. They are almost identical to the old Apeks line. Operative word, almost. Visually, there's not much difference. Performance wise, there's not much difference, both perform very well.

Apeks has now redesigned their line with the ATX models whose first stages are "overbalanced", a nice oxymoron. The second stages are also 25% smaller.

The lines are getting further apart. There are subtle differences, but I can't remember what they are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom