Zip neck seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the replies all.

On getting your head out of the seal, perhaps it's a function of how tight it is for your neck or maybe a thin neck and big head? :D

The problem isn't the seal, it is the plastic ring itself. I think it might just be the angle that the ring sits when i'm pulling it off. :idk:

Most of us out here in the colder waters in Monterey dive with dry gloves which I think would be more of a problem than the flexible zip seal rings of the wrist seals and I have yet to hear of someone complaining of it getting in the way of manipulating multiple deco bottles, etc on the left hip D-ring.

What may help is if someone would video you doing that so you can see what's getting caught.

Possibly, but its too late as I had them removed and had bottle neck seals put on. Much happier now.

Anyone have the zip neck seal for your drysuit? What have you found to be the pros and the cons?

I realize that the zip part of the seal can potentially dig into the shoulders. Is anyone finding this to be the case?

Thx.

I have been diving with the zip seals since they were introduced and I love them. If your head fits through, I would recommend the neck seal. I have never had it dig in or even felt the differance. I always carry a spare seal as we run a dive charter on a remote location on Lake Superior. We have had customers tear a neck seal on one of the first dives and then try to get through the trip by patching and tapeing the seal. With a zip seal you simply install a new one in about 5 minutes with no waiting for the adhesive to dry. I also use the zip seal dry gloves because I have large hands and can not get through any of the dryglove rings except Viking and the zip seal. The zip seal is more compact on the outside so it is less combersome when dealing with multible stage bottles.
Just my 2 cents.

I have a TLS 350 with Zip Seals. I got it cheap as a backup and it's a good thing since I'm NOT a fan of them. Mainly because my head is too big and it hurts to don/doff it no matter what I try. I am interested taking a closer look at this system though:

YouTube - Nek Tite Neck Seal Install

I don't know if it would solve the fairly common ring size issue but it certainly seems to be less expensive. Also It's retrofittable on any brand suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom