105 or 60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Easy. Shoot and crop

Regards Mark

Not easy at all! Have you tried? All my attempts to photograph mantis shrimps with the 60mm have led to pictures of its bum :)

Then you are greatly reducing your chances of getting certain shots IMHO. My friend Fredrik Ehrenström would never have been able to take this prize-wining image with the 60mm lens. Mantis shrimp with eggs - Fredrik Ehrenström - Divers Lodge Lembeh

A great shot there John for sure but I was only giving my 2c worth the other option of a 60mm lens. As I mentioned I have one port that accommodates three other macro lenses, and therefore is good value for money.

As for mantis shrimps and the 60mm lens, not impossible see attached uncropped image

I will at some point buy the 105 port, but it is not high on my list at the moment.

Attachments

• GTS_3489C.jpg
    GTS_3489C.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Very nice shot!

Thanks John, I have a few more of other mantis shrimps shot with the 60, patience and luck :)

Not easy at all! Have you tried? All my attempts to photograph mantis shrimps with the 60mm have led to pictures of its bum :)

Here are some shots taken this morning with the 60mm. The shots are not edited (as shown with bits of grit in the shot) or cropped, only resized for web use. Shows that you can use the 60mm for Mantis shrimp.

5432207789_5bc0c8b39e.jpg

5432818082_611a95e341.jpg

5432817578_b0200c16ca.jpg

Regards Mark

OK, Mark, you win :) I'd be happy if I'd managed to get those shots.

Well John get your bum over to Puerto Galera :wink:

These little buggers are running around everywhere and not always hiding in their holes.

Back
Top Bottom