105 or 60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And here are some shots taken with the 105mm. In a better location and edited.

3063488224_afed774df0.jpg

3062651087_3c6b559772.jpg

3063488346_78c176ba1c.jpg

Regards Mark

Really NICE!! Good job and thank you for sharing them.

Well John get your bum over to Puerto Galera :wink:

These little buggers are running around everywhere and not always hiding in their holes.

Trouble is, Gordon, I'm getting old (73 next birthday) and swore after my last trip to Indonesia that in future I'll stick to the Red Sea. I just can't sleep on planes. The 5-hour flight to Egypt or Jordan is no problem but the 24-hour flight to Southeast Asia is. The only way I'll ever do it again is if somebody pays for a first class flight with an airline that has seats that fold completely down to form a bed for me. :)

Ah! Now those are really good, Mark.

And here are some shots taken with the 105mm. In a better location and edited.

3063488224_afed774df0.jpg

3062651087_3c6b559772.jpg

3063488346_78c176ba1c.jpg

Regards Mark

Trouble is, Gordon, I'm getting old (73 next birthday) and swore after my last trip to Indonesia that in future I'll stick to the Red Sea. I just can't sleep on planes. The 5-hour flight to Egypt or Jordan is no problem but the 24-hour flight to Southeast Asia is. The only way I'll ever do it again is if somebody pays for a first class flight with an airline that has seats that fold completely down to form a bed for me. :)

I understand completely John, I am 15 years younger than you and a 5 hour flight in economy for me is pushing it sometimes.

Of course you can always take more time to reach the final destination and break the journey. Advantage I have in Dubai is Manila 9hrs flight, Cairo 3hrs, Maldives 4hrs

Apologies for going off topic

John have you thought about doing a few smaller flights instead of one long one.

Fly to Red Sea and do some dives there. Then fly onto the Maldives and do some dives there and then onto SE Asia.

Maybe even get onto something like Air Asia with the business class style premium class. They often have some great specials and you get the skybed too ;-).

Some ideas for you anyway.

Regards Mark

How is the diving in Libya? I would be interested to check that out if there is something good to photograph - perhaps post something in the area forum

Thanks for the suggestion, Mark. I'll bear it in mind. It's not practicable at the moment, though, as I have to take care of my sick, handicapped wife and can't leave her for more than a week at a time.

John have you thought about doing a few smaller flights instead of one long one.

Fly to Red Sea and do some dives there. Then fly onto the Maldives and do some dives there and then onto SE Asia.

Maybe even get onto something like Air Asia with the business class style premium class. They often have some great specials and you get the skybed too ;-).

Some ideas for you anyway.

Regards Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom