$#%# &$&$^$*!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So sorry to hear about everything getting stolen - Growing up that was the only place my parents car was ever broken into as well - What a bummer - I hope they catch the guys responsible... and do something about it once they have them!

A coworker of mine had her car stolen on Oahu a few years back while she was on vacation, the police found it out in the same area with 2 guys sleeping in it, but couldn't prosecute because they couldn't "Prove" they stole it... of course they did give the two guys My Dad's phone number (he was storing the car for her) so they could retreave their belongings that they left in her car!

Best wishes for a resolution to ya'

Tim

Around these parts stealing from locals is frowned upon, much like it is in much of Hawaii. Lots of deep dark empty holes up in the hills to drop people who can't follow basic rules :)

chepar:
They really have a decal? I would think the challenge lies in actually "getting in" with them in the first place. From what I understand about the Hui (as far as the North Shore, we know who we're referring to, I guess), they're a pretty tight group.
Not one to be messing around with, for sure.

That sucks the big one, MilMed... 'Bout all you can do at this point is damage control. I always take all id's, including car registration, with me, either tucked into my swimshorts or attached to the float.

...so, is that side of da Hui really still around? I remember the Eddie Rothman days and caught a whiff of it again some years back but didn't think much about it. Just show respect, but also stand up when you know you're right (within the rules of their tribe). That's all.

UPDATE: Our house was broken into as well, our motorcycle has been stolen along with many other of our belongings. Also my credit cards got maxed as well along Oli's.

While I was in the process of changing locks (too little too late) we got scoped by another van, obviously looking for us.

But if you see a 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 500, Grey with Orange accents please call 911 and report it.

Thanks guys.

dude thats awful... I really hope they catch those guys...no no.. I hope YOU catch those guys...asleep...on a long dark deserted road...yes...and you'd be armed of course :D What fun!

I know how it feels I am in Iraq and called home one day to find out from my wife that my house was robbed. At least to me the violation of my space is worse than the value of the property.

MAAAAAAAH-N!!!! I am soooo sorry MM! I'll keep my eyes open - LP#?

About the cc - How could they keep using it if it is blocked?? Don't the machines recognize it and tell the sellers to call the CC company? Do your cards have that coverage so that you don't have to cover what they spent? I sure hope so!...don't people compare signatures anymore??? or ask for ID? I have it written on the back of mine "ASK FOR ID".

So sorry for you too BMETdiver. I know what you mean by a violation of space. 3 years ago "they" broke into our place - while we were at home, asleep in our bed. I woke up to see a guy crawling on the floor, past our bed. It took me a long time to get over it and feel safe at home again.

I'm soooo pissed for you....If I'd find them - chopped liver....

MilitantMedic:

But if you see a 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 500, Grey with Orange accents please call 911 and report it.

Roger that. And come back stronger...

MilitantMedic:
UPDATE: Our house was broken into as well, our motorcycle has been stolen along with many other of our belongings. Also my credit cards got maxed as well along Oli's.

While I was in the process of changing locks (too little too late) we got scoped by another van, obviously looking for us.

Man, that really sucks. I guess you don't live on base, then. You shouldn't be liable for the fraudulent charges - or at least past the first $50, depending on the terms of your cards, I think. As far as your bike - not sure what the market for parts is, but it might be stripped down already.

I don't think these are kids stealing your bike just to go joy riding - the Electric Beach parking lot is known for pretty blatant drug deals.

Anyway - some things you and Oli should do right away, if you haven't already. You need to call the three credit reporting agencies and have them put a fraud alert on your account. You might also be able to do that via their website. Get a copy of your credit report from one agency now and review it.

You can get a free credit report once a year from each agency at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp. So if you haven't already done it this past year, get one free report from one agency now, get a second one from a different agency in three or four months, and then the third a few months later to track the activity on your account.

I'm sure you've already filed a police report, but don't forget to call your banks, and the Federal Trade Commission at 877IDTHEFT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom