$#%# &$&$^$*!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you! What a PITA! Scary too!

When I was recently on Oahu we did a dive there at EB. I had heard about the problems there so I was worried about that.

You guys should set up a sting.

When I was in my OW class we did our first dives at Lake Perris in Calif.
All 4 of us got ripped off. We stupidly had bags on the beach. They took 3 dive bags off the beach that had all our keys, cell phones, etc. in the bags. Live and learn I guess.
If they would have checked the bags, they could have had a couple of nice trucks too.

We got out of the water at noon and didn't get out of there until 7PM because we had to get a locksmith to make keys for 3 trucks. My truck of course was the PITA because of some computer chip problem. They had to dismantle the whole inside of my door, grrrr.

As a new comer to the N Shore could you help me out with some additional information. I would hate fall prey to the same b-ll----. WHERE IS ELECTRIC BEACH (BY THE POWER GEN. PLANT WESTSIDE PERHAPS?) or.....

Funny, not one word in the paper or news. I know stuff like this happend all the time but this is BS!
Bruce, Im still up for the plan when you find time to get back on line. Im guessing your puter was stolen too.

HarveyO:
As a new comer to the N Shore could you help me out with some additional information. I would hate fall prey to the same b-ll----. WHERE IS ELECTRIC BEACH (BY THE POWER GEN. PLANT WESTSIDE PERHAPS?) or.....

Properly, Electric Beach is directly across the Kahe powerplant, fronted by some old sugarcane railroad tracks and a low rock wall. Facing the ocean, it's to the right of the cooling pond which feeds the outflow tubes about 100yds offshore. A long time ago, it was a private park for the Haw'nElec employees and I think it might still be private property, but I'm not sure. Kahe Beach Park is a county park, on the other side of the pond and is the one with the stumped-off parking lot and pavilion. There used to be a pier there, extending from the cliffside to maybe 40yds out; dive over the shallow reef and you may see bits of rusted rebar and concrete where the pilings were.

Another hotspot is the North Shore stretch from Haleiwa Beack Park to Waimea Bay. There's something like only four HPD officers assigned out of Wahiawa to cover the whole stretch from Mokuleia to Kuilima/Turtle Bay; I suppose they get backup from the Kahuku substation. Parking among the private roads and homes is no assurance; I've had my locks punched out twice along the stretch fronting the former diary farm, Papailoa Beach/Himalayas, and near Waimea Bay at a spot called Alligators (just offshore, there's a large, low lava rock formation that from the side and especially from the sea, looks just like a gator). But really, just about anywhere is an equal risk; the "hotspots" are just that because they're more popular and so more people get hit.

The motorcycle has been found, along with the guy riding it. But It looks like the guy was "loaning" the bike from "a friend." At least there is no real damage to it.

Well, did they say they were tracking down the "friend"??? Keep us posted. I'm glad there is no damage. I'm curious, do they keep the bike for evidence or anything?

Wow - Great news - Of course "no one" would ever steal a bike, they are all just "borrowing" it... It gets really old hearing that excuse over and over sometimes...

Hope you have more good news to share with us soon :D

Back
Top Bottom