$#%# &$&$^$*!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm so sorry to hear about this! I'm glad it was just possessions, it's going to be a PITA for a while but they probably didn't take anything that couldn't be replaced. Several years ago a woman I went to high school with came home and found her husband dead on the bed. He had come home early from work and surprised a burglar, the intruder stabbed her husband to death with a screwdriver; she said there was blood all over the house from the scuffle and she could see the blood trail where her husband managed to drag himself up on the bed where he died. I can't even imagine the horror of coming home to something like that, glad you and Oli are shaken but physically ok.
Ber :lilbunny:

MilitantMedic:
UPDATE: Our house was broken into as well, our motorcycle has been stolen along with many other of our belongings. Also my credit cards got maxed as well along Oli's.

While I was in the process of changing locks (too little too late) we got scoped by another van, obviously looking for us.

But if you see a 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 500, Grey with Orange accents please call 911 and report it.

Thanks guys.

:bubble_fi these people are pro, act so quickly....

These guys are terrible. I assume it was the same guys that stole your truck etc.. Glad you are both safe though

Want me to show you how to build IEDs? That sucks so bad. My GFs car was stolen here a while back too. A cop for a change noticed something strange and questioned them. Seems that had near 100 stolen cars to there credit. They would smash a window and clean out the car including registration. Next day they would go to the dealer with the registrastion and get a new key then come back and steal the car.
These frikkin local durg loosers must be dealt with.
If you need any "help" just let me know.

OK, I have a plan. We rent a car and go there and let them break in. We do this six times. On the 7th time we call the cops with some heinous crime like no lid on a garbage can or free donuts and per Hawaiis outstanding record, they must catch them after missing the first 90%.
Catching criminals dosen't pay there inflated bills (see "Oahu PD considers mid grade gas to save 200K/yr) They pay for premium so a few hot rod cops can run around burning premium instead of providing regular fuel for there "leased" cars. As a result, traffic tickits are a priority not druggies that will be eating and sleeping on our dime.
I realy do have a plan, sending you a PM....

Believe it or not the Police in Hawaii Kai have been amazingly helpful and respectful, on the other hand I'll be filing a complaint against a Wahiawa PD officer.

But I'm with you Wildcard, I'm sick of this "well your insurance will cover it" attitude. Not to mention I don't have insurance.

Why is it that as a Soldier I get get treated more like a criminal, but as a "resident" of Hawaii Kai I get treated like a citizen who has been burglarized?

Ok sorry, the diatribe is over. And the thiefs stole our motorcycle/broke into the house aprox. 30 mins after we exited the water, so we had no chance to beat them to the house.

To Chepar, abpout the Pipeline Posse:

Well, I just know what they tell me. I let some stay in my converted garage one summer and they have helped me, my daughter, her Punahou surfer friends out in the past. Yes, they gave me a decal which I had on my truck. When I sold the truck, the guy that bought it told me when I removed my Hawaii Loa Ridge sticker to please not remove the Pipeline Posse decal. ??? Go figure... I am just telling you my experience. I have had some help from them several times. You are right, they are tight. And they seem to remember favors.

catherine96821:
To Chepar, abpout the Pipeline Posse:

Well, I just know what they tell me. I let some stay in my converted garage one summer and they have helped me, my daughter, her Punahou surfer friends out in the past. Yes, they gave me a decal which I had on my truck. When I sold the truck, the guy that bought it told me when I removed my Hawaii Loa Ridge sticker to please not remove the Pipeline Posse decal. ??? Go figure... I am just telling you my experience. I have had some help from them several times. You are right, they are tight. And they seem to remember favors.

I highly recommend reading "Eddie Would Go" by Stuart Coleman. In describing Eddie's world, Stuart does a very good job of getting into the local surf tribal culture when it really exploded in the mid-70's; the trial of Aussie champion "Rabbit" Bartholemew is a watershed incident. This was the climate in which Rothman and others began the Hui o He'e Nalu (a.k.a. Da Hui). "Localism" is a problem for surfers everywhere, whether it be the North Shore or Southern California or Queensland or Cape Town. And it occasionally spills over to other beachgoers and especially when drugs and chronic low social/economic status are involved. It may not be "legal" or "fair" and has an ugly side, but it's the reality of tribal order in the absence of a larger sphere of enforcement.

MilitantMedic:
Believe it or not the Police in Hawaii Kai have been amazingly helpful and respectful, on the other hand I'll be filing a complaint against a Wahiawa PD officer.

But I'm with you Wildcard, I'm sick of this "well your insurance will cover it" attitude. Not to mention I don't have insurance.

Why is it that as a Soldier I get get treated more like a criminal, but as a "resident" of Hawaii Kai I get treated like a citizen who has been burglarized?

Ok sorry, the diatribe is over. And the thiefs stole our motorcycle/broke into the house aprox. 30 mins after we exited the water, so we had no chance to beat them to the house.

Sorry to hear about your stuff getting ripped off. When you say you don't have insurance - is that renters insur. or for your truck and bike? I have heard before that you can give someone a couple bucks to watch your vehicle before your dive and a couple more after and they will "keep an eye out" for you. We haven't had any problems- knock on wood- at E. Beach. There was a rental car that got broken into at Sharks Cove. We were parked right next to it and at the time we were the only 2 cars in the parking lot. Frumpy and I went about our dive and when we came up the other couple asked us if our truck was okay. There were several homeless people sitting at the picnic bench that claimed they didn't see anything. This couple was doing a last minute drive around North Shore and all their belongings were in the car (purse, luggage and laptops). They went down to take some pictures and came back to nothing. Not to sound mean, but I am pretty sure you won't get anything back and they won't find out who did it. Hopefully you can get some type of picture from the places where your CC's were maxed out.

Melissa

It just slays me that on an island, these thieves can't be "found". I'm probably a cynic (no, I AM a cynic), but I think this "looking the other way" is intentional. I do not mean to paint all law enforcement with the same brush, but do think there is some of that going on. Or, as stated earlier, traffic tickets are a priority.

That being said, I'm the dive buddy of Cheryl's who won't dive at EB unless there is someone topside watching the vehicles. I was sitting 10 feet away from my vehicle there once and a guy started casing it. He knew I was there, too. He started looking in the windows, then pretended he had to use the phone.

I'm sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately, this is not the first story like this that I've heard.

Back
Top Bottom