12-11-04 Morrison Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like I'll be there Saturday unless some thing crazy happens. I just wonder if I should bring a second tank. I was pretty cold on my last trip to Vortex. If the water had been clearer I would have done a second dive. Since the water had so many particles and I was cold, I decided one dive was enough. I'll probably bring a second tank just in case the water is great. I sure wish I had a one GIG card for my camera - I shot my 128 and 32 Meg cards full with my one cold dive at Vortex.

I'm still planning on being there, almost had to cancel due to lack of dive buddy. My original buddy had to work and I wasn't sure if any SB'ers were going to make it. I managed to round up another buddy and now we have another SB'er there :) So, I'm still a go.

I'm taking two tanks, just in case.

Do the Oly 5050s take FCs, or just XDs? I think they make 2gig FCs now, but I haven't found anything more than a half-gig in the XD cards.

SuPrBuGmAn:
I'm still planning on being there, almost had to cancel due to lack of dive buddy. My original buddy had to work and I wasn't sure if any SB'ers were going to make it. I managed to round up another buddy and now we have another SB'er there :) So, I'm still a go.

I'm taking two tanks, just in case.

Do the Oly 5050s take FCs, or just XDs? I think they make 2gig FCs now, but I haven't found anything more than a half-gig in the XD cards.
I'll be there for sure. I didn't get to the shop to pick up a second tank so I'll have to ride to Vortex for a fill if I'm warm enough for a second trip.

I read some where here on the board that 2 GIG is the limit for the cards that can be used in the 5050. I'm not sure if thats 2 GIG total or 2 GIG in each of the two slots. One slot is for XD only and the other can be for either smart media or compact flash. I'll probably end up with 1 GIG in each (buying them one at a time) unless the 2 GIG gets real cheap or I inherit a large fortune :D.

See ya there, I'll be diving my housing, sans camera tomorrow - checking for leaks. It was delivered yesterday after being repaired from Olympus... Hopefully they'll replace the camera itself shortly.

Hoping to make it to Morrison after Thursday...

fun2chase:
Hoping to make it to Morrison after Thursday...

Check out the Morrison Report in the main FCD forum, we're already talking about more trips to Morrison there :)

Alamo:
Anyone up for morrison or Vortex this week?

With the Christmas budget I'm living on, I'm having to stick to free dives as much as possible - sorry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom