12 Full Days in Bali. How would you use them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nycdive:
I would be alright with $140 for that many destinations and less of a headache. I really wish I could pare this down to two stops that were a good base for these places, but the likely contenders don't seem as appealing to me. Lovina sounds like it would be a reasonable place to get to Menjangan and Tulamben from, but I keep hearing that the hawkers there are near unbearable. Also, how realistic is it really to dive Tulamben from Lovina? Should any of these locations I've mentioned be given more or less time in your opinion in terms of the dives being worth it? Again, thank you for all the help.

Tulamben is one hour plus drive from Lovina - I think Tulamben deserves at least 2 days diving do you would be better of basing yourself in Tulamben area - Given the choice I would spend a few days in Tulamben, a few days in Candidasa.

Also note that close to Lovina there is a great muck site with very good chance to see mimic octopus - Can't remember the name now but if you do a search you should find it quite easily.

Anyway whatever you decide you will a great time - Bali is a beautiful place with plenty of amazing diving.

Lovina muck diving site is Puri Jati, about 30min drive west of Lovina. Dove there last Nov. Mimic octopus on almost every dive.

catherine96821:
Ubud is wonderful. The shops, the food, the people.

Check out Kajane, a hotel that has private villas with pools looking over the rice paddies....around 120/ night.

I second Kajane. We loved it there between Lembongan and Tulamben. Mind you we had 30 days there. Scuba Seraya near Tulamben has an amazing house reef right in front of your villa.

Grab a taxi to Menjangan from almost anywhere in Bali. I've never spent more than $50.00 for the ride. I wouldn't rent and drive in Bali. The roads are insane.

Hi. I would NOT do Komodo if you are a new diver. It is for at least intermediate divers. I agree with everything else said. I would find Chris Brown at Reef Seen Aquatics in Pemuteran for the best of North Bali. For Tulamben, it has been a while and I can not recommend any resort but would check in with Tauch Terminal as the diver operator.

I am planning a trip to the southest Asia and beside Philippines I am considering about visiting Bali for 7 days. Primarly I would like to snorkel and a little bit dive. I have read some threads in this discussion and I am thinking to have this schedule:
- stay in 1 place (probably in the east coast -Padang bai) and go to day trips (I would like to avoid changing accommodations)
- 1 day trip to Tulamben to see Liberty wreck
- 1 day trip to Menjangen
- 1 diving trip to Nusa Penida
- 1 diving trip to Gili Mimpang
- rest of the days spend on the east coast beaches and visiting the inland.
Is it good schedule?
Is it possible to go to Tulamben for 1 day trip, and Menjangen another day trip?
Are there some diving places with almost a guarantee to see sharks and manta rays (in April)?
Is the Liberty wreck good visible while snorkeling, or is much better to dive there?
Is Menjangen worth to see ?
I would like to enjoy also big waves - where can I find the proper beach?
Thanks for every information

i think your idea of doing menjangan tulamben amed is quite feasable and you might even have time to throw in padang bai on your way back. one thing i suggest though is to go to kuta upon arrival, it is only a 15 minute taxi ride and from there you will find lots of transportationthat you can deal to go anywhere as opposed to going to ubud directly from the airport to ubud wich i suspect will get you ripped off.

Hello everyone... It's very easy to spend time in Bali. If I may suggest, please also check out the land tour.

The diving site that everyone mentioned was great. Just so you know, Bali has so much to offer. Being Indonesian myself, I'm proud of it.

Cheers,
S-

Back
Top Bottom