$172 Roundtrip from Atlanta to Aruba. Is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were there in April. Our first time, loved it. I had been in Bonaire for a week in February so coming off that the diving didn't compare, but really, what else in the Caribbean does to Bonaire? There are only a couple places that I've been. This was also a distinctly different vacation, as I was with my non-diving wife and another non-diving couple.

I did six dives while there, three wrecks, three drifts. The first dive left me underwhelmed (again, due to Bonaire hangover) but the wrecks are pretty cool, the Jane Sea and Antilla were both very nice.

Dive Aruba was the shop I dove with, Clive, the owner, picked me up at the hotel each day and I would for sure dive with him again. He and his son Mark run the op, he's operated a shop on the island for years and knows what he's doing.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by the diving and really fell in love with the island. One of the best non-diving things we did was a Madi Magical Tour, a jeep tour to some of the coolest most remote parts of the island.

If I could get an RT flight for $172, I'd jump on it!

My dive trip report is here - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/abc-islands/418189-aruba-trip-report-dive-aruba.html

Let me know if you have any questions!

For $172 I would dive in a new warm water cess pool. :D I would think that it is definitely worth it.

yes conchyjoe go for it. you can always get a puddle jumper to Bonaire or Curacao if diving is your thing. great price!

I have gone diving in Aruba for the past two year and was certified there. The diving is amazing. Over 32 dive sites, multiple wrecks and reefs I would definately reccomend it for that price.

I'd do it. $172 for a round trip is a catch of a deal. A local two-dive charter costs over $100 at regular price here, so it's not that much for the warm waters of Aruba. Jump on the deal!

Yeah it costs me about $60 (to drive to a local site) just to go splash in cold waters here if I want a reasonable dive (and by reasonable I mean no wildlife, no wrecks, lots of silt, some rocks and zebra mussels but decent access and visibility). $172 to get somewhere like Aruba......definitely a steal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom