1k Shorty Dive Light is here....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok now I am really hating you. You Posted the new light on Facebook and I jumped on and ordered one last night and Debra shipped it today. AND today you tell me if I had waited one day and told you that I already have the 500 the 1000 you would give me a 44.00 discount. :-(

Serves me right for jumping on the new light bandwagon the same day it comes out.

Herb, PM me. Debbie should have caught it, and saved you the money before it shipped today :wink: If not, don't sweat it, we will credit it back. I'm pretty sure it was already done as she was editing all orders that came in before I announced the promo to give them the better pricing. I just need to know your info :wink: so PM it to me and I can look into it

---------- Post added December 12th, 2012 at 08:27 PM ----------

Herb, PM me. Debbie should have caught it, and saved you the money before it shipped today :wink: If not, don't sweat it, we will credit it back. I'm pretty sure it was already done as she was editing all orders that came in before I announced the promo to give them the better pricing. I just need to know your info :wink: so PM it to me and I can look into it

Herb, I looked thru the History, and pulled up your order. Check your online invoice :wink: You were only charged the Promo price, when we rang you up. No need to hate, we still added you to the program earlier today when we did your order.

Last edited:
Yet another reason to trade with mike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D'oh! You couldn't tell me about this when I ordered the second pair?!?!?

ready-to-go.jpg

In the interest of full-disclosure,I'm the one that created the promo video so I've been playing around with this light all week. For those of you that are on the fence about this light, don't be. I believe this to be one of the better lights for the recreational market. It is compact and powerful and with the addition of the Goodman-style neoprene glove, it makes it a very easy decision. For those new divers considering this light, other sectors in the diving realm have long utilized lights with this style of handle and this is one that is offered directly to the recreational side. If you are new to the Goodman-style handle it may take a couple dives with it to fully appreciate it. In essence, this style of handle allows you to have "light" while still having full function of your hand as it rests on the back of either hand. Typical lights have you holding the light in such a manner that you are unable to use that hand for any other task, not so with this style of handle. It is compact enough that it would even be perfect for those that have children that dive and look forward to hearing what my younger daughter will say. Couple that with the team at DRIS and their desire to offer top products as well as some of the best customer service in the industry and it becomes a no-brainer. This light would be a perfect stocking stuffer.

For those wondering, Mike did not ask me to sing his praises...he won't know about my comment until he reads it here. I just felt compelled to share a little regarding my observations about this new light and the consistent level of service from DRIS. While the testing of the light has all been topside, it will be getting wet this weekend and then I will have it in cave country later this month to see how it does in that environment.

Best regards,
Don

In the interest of full-disclosure,I'm the one that created the promo video so I've been playing around with this light all week. For those of you that are on the fence about this light, don't be. I believe this to be one of the better lights for the recreational market. It is compact and powerful and with the addition of the Goodman-style neoprene glove, it makes it a very easy decision. For those new divers considering this light, other sectors in the diving realm have long utilized lights with this style of handle and this is one that is offered directly to the recreational side. If you are new to the Goodman-style handle it may take a couple dives with it to fully appreciate it. In essence, this style of handle allows you to have "light" while still having full function of your hand as it rests on the back of either hand. Typical lights have you holding the light in such a manner that you are unable to use that hand for any other task, not so with this style of handle. It is compact enough that it would even be perfect for those that have children that dive and look forward to hearing what my younger daughter will say. Couple that with the team at DRIS and their desire to offer top products as well as some of the best customer service in the industry and it becomes a no-brainer. This light would be a perfect stocking stuffer.

For those wondering, Mike did not ask me to sing his praises...he won't know about my comment until he reads it here. I just felt compelled to share a little regarding my observations about this new light and the consistent level of service from DRIS. While the testing of the light has all been topside, it will be getting wet this weekend and then I will have it in cave country later this month to see how it does in that environment.

Best regards,
Don

When are you going to be in cave country? I would love to see this thing in person.

what is the beam angle? Cheers

He stated on another forum, and if I recall correctly it is 9.5*. Do not hold me to that answer, but I beleive that is correct.

---------- Post added December 13th, 2012 at 09:13 AM ----------

Yep. just verified it on the other forum. 9.5 degrees.

Mine will be tested in a deep dark river on Sunday.

---------- Post added December 12th, 2012 at 08:27 PM ----------

Herb, I looked thru the History, and pulled up your order. Check your online invoice :wink: You were only charged the Promo price, when we rang you up. No need to hate, we still added you to the program earlier today when we did your order.

Hey Mike am I the only Herb in alaska is that how you found my order so quickly :)

The mix up was my fault I looked on my order and saw the price of the bands and twisted to be the price for the light, Yup you sure did give me the discount even before I whined. Thank you and I am really looking forward to my new light next week. And now I have a couple extra scuba bucks to apply to my next order. Will it be a another light, new go pro when they come out or what ???? only thing that is for sure is that you will have the first shot at my business. Thanks
Herb

Just a REMINDER to those that have not bought a light from us previously and are trying to place an order for this new light with the promo price. You will NOT get the promo price, please do not put the statement in your order that says you have already bought a light when you didn't. This promo, for the discounted rate, is ONLY for people that have previously purchased a light. We do check this, and it really is taking a lot of time in getting orders out the door when we have to check, and you know you didn't purchase a light, then we have to notify you.

This shouldn't be too hard. :D
OK, by popular demand, if you have already purchased a DRIS500 or 1000 light, you can get this new light for $100 with the goodman handle!! This is ONLY available for those that already purchased a 500 or 1000 light from us. If you did, put in the comments section when ordering, " Deb, before I didn't like Mike for making me buy all these lights, now I despise him. Please save me some cash on this one!" We will edit your invoice to the lower amount before shipping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom