2-3 night layover in Jakarta...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taxi drivers in Jakarta vary from very honest to downright cheats. Try not to accept a quoted flat figure - always go by the meter.
The traffic in Jakarta is unbelievable. Not as chaotic as many other Eastern big cities but it is so heavy that getting from A to B in the non-rush hour is a nightmare. You can get what the rush hour would be like.
Our tour guide told us that it took his wife nearly an hour and a half every day each way to reach her office 7km away from their flat. I asked him why she did not walk it but apparently she has to carry a lot of stiff back & forth.

On route to Ambon next month I arrive in Jakarta at 3.30pm but check in for an internal flight at 10.20pm. Given the traffic I take it it's not worth leaving the airport? Can anyone recommend somewhere to kill 5-7hours, eg a lounge and if a lounge which one?

The lounges really aren't great, and the domestic oes aren't the type you'd want to spend 5 hours in.

What could be worth doing is get a taxi or shuttle to the nearby Sheraton Bandara (Airport) and have some good food and relax there, then try get back to the airport for about 8.00. Apart from the wait for luggage arriving the airport works quite well.

What's the shuttle distance to Sheraton? Sounds like a decent place to go for a nice meal at least. My flight in the pm isn't until 00.20 so I guess if hotel not far can head over around 9.30pm?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom