2005 Dive Stats/2006 Dive Goals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MY 2005 DIVING STATS

Number of Dives: 60

Total Bottom Time: 25 hours

Maximum Depth: 103

Coldest Water Dived:42

Warmest Water Diver:79

Dive Location Farthest From My Home:stayed right in new jersey
2005 New Certification / Education:none

Favorite Dive:any to the city of athens

Least Favorite Dive:hey just because my neck seal broke on a dive, who said it was bad

New Equipment Purchased:none

How I did on my 2005 Goals:hit them all

Dive Goals for 2006:Instructor rating

Other:

MY 2005 DIVING STATS

Number of Dives: Where'd I bury my log book, again?

Total Bottom Time: See above.

Maximum Depth: 31m, according to a buddy's computer

Coldest Water Dived: 3.5 degrees C, according to mine, decent amount of time *in* the water, but only about two minutes submerged, due to everyone freeflowing

Warmest Water Diver: 25 degrees in a 7mm step-in jacket...toasty

Dive Location Farthest From My Home: Red Sea

2005 New Certification / Education: Rescue diver

Favorite Dive: The one with the whale shark...and the one with the huge corals...and just about every wreck dive except the one below...

Least Favorite Dive: Wreck dive with equipment that didn't fit, where I was underweighted, had an incredibly leaky, foggy mask (not mine...gaaaah!), and an instructor (not mine) that seemed to have a problem with my descending marginally slower than the rest in my group due to problems equalizing, and thought ignoring all hand signals I was giving him (and later, kicking at him with my fins - I was not panicking, nor ascending, just wanted to stay at the same depth for a few more seconds!) and simply dragging me down would solve the problem. Thanks for the rice krispie ears, buddy. And due to a communication barrier *above* the water as well, I was unable to tell him off afterwards. Resolution: Next time, screw CoC politeness and flip him the bird.

New Equipment Purchased: Hmmm...just about everything aside from fins, regs, and a tank? Oh, wait, I did end up buying some new fins on eBay (haven't used them yet...too small for drysuit boots), and just the other week, finding my old full-foot ones while looking for wrapping paper. How useful. <snort>

How I did on my 2005 Goals: Never made any.

Dive Goals for 2006: Stay wet. Try not to get eaten. Shoot myself if I end up in that "Oh, maybe ten dives a year" category my ever-so-helpful mother told a dive shop employee that I fit in. Newsflash for non-diving relatives: One dive trip does not equal one dive, except if there's an emergency. And never attempt to buy me equipment if I'm not there when you're doing it! (hence no equipment received over the holidays)

Other: Should probably also try to stay away from divers with spearguns if I find myself wearing my jacket BCD while using a 7' hose on my primary, which is probably likely to happen once I *do* figure out what I want in the new regs category...[/QUOTE]

MY 2005 DIVING STATS

Number of Dives: 48 (not bad considering I'd exams smack in middle of year)

Total Bottom Time: don't have a calculator with me!

Maximum Depth: 36.3m (~110ft)

Coldest Water Dived: 7C

Warmest Water Diver: 16C

Dive Location Farthest From My Home: Donegal (Northwest Coast)

2005 New Certification / Education: Nitrox

Favorite Dive: Torneedy Point, Donegal

Least Favorite Dive: if it was that bad I didn't log it..

New Equipment Purchased: dry suit, torch, steel 12l...

How I did on my 2005 Goals: hadn't set any- was concentrating on exams

Dive Goals for 2006: IDC, dive somewhere warm, meet new people, log lots of dives and certify new divers (not just sit on an instructor card).

Other:

MY 2005 DIVING STATS

Number of Dives: Mar 05 = 20 Nov 05 = 129

Total Bottom Time: Lots

Maximum Depth: 36.5m

Coldest Water Dived: 5 degrees C

Warmest Water Diver: 29 degrees C

Dive Location Farthest From My Home: Tobago / Similans, Thailand

2005 New Certification / Education: Completed 6 specialty courses, MSD, Rescue, EFR and started DM

Favorite Dive: mmm? ...so many. The Thistlegorm, Egypt: Some excellent drift dives in Tobago: The Tower, Egypt: The Scylla, Plymouth, UK.

Least Favorite Dive: Dry Suit Orientation, Stoney Cove, Leics, UK

New Equipment Purchased: Everything. Faves - My regs and Stinger

How I did on my 2005 Goals: Far exceeded what I thought I was capable of!

Dive Goals for 2006: Complete DM in next few weeks, log lots more dives and gain experience as a certified DM...more travel and then onwards and upwards to Instructor

Other: Going to compliment my diving by doing Diver Medic Technician course and ALST Chamber Operator course. T

2005 was the best year yet for my diving. I'm really looking forward to what 2006 has in store for me.
Not bad, considering I got into this sport to overcome my fear of the sea!! I certifed as OW in Dec 04 and look at me now :O)

MY 2005 DIVING STATS

Number of Dives: 188

Total Bottom Time: approx. 1 week 3 days

Maximum Depth: 160'

Coldest Water Dived: 37 degrees F

Warmest Water Diver: 66 degrees F

Dive Location Farthest From My Home: 166 miles

2004 New Certification / Education: n/a

Favorite Dive: the one we did where we didn't have to work.

Least Favorite Dive: the zero vis dive where we found the human skulls by feel!!

New Equipment Purchased: the 7000 series fiberglass hoop wrapped HP tanks for doubles.

Dive Goals for 2005: Find a different job, dive where it's warm and I don't need a dry suit.

MY 2005 DIVING STATS

Number of Dives: 21

Total Bottom Time: 14 hr. 14 min.

Maximum Depth: 90

Coldest Water Dived: 57

Warmest Water Diver: 85

Dive Location Farthest From My Home: Belize

2005 New Certification / Education: Nitrox, Boat

Favorite Dive: Manta Night Dive, Kona, Hawaii

Least Favorite Dive: Gas consumption test dive, El Segundo, California – 32 meet for 10 minutes; then hoist the anchor, put the boat away and wash all scuba gear.

New Equipment Purchased: Pony tank, and other small stuff

How I did on my 2005 Goals: I had not previously set goals against which I can compare. I didn’t dive as much as I’d have liked. However, that may be due to the fact my kid (a product of my Grow Your Own Dive Buddy Program) broke his leg on 7/29 and was laid up all summer and most of the fall, after which I fractured a bone in my thumb and had my hand in a cast. I had wanted to get my rescue certification, but didn’t. The equipment specialty class was cancelled due to lack of interest.

Dive Goals for 2006: I want to get my rescue certification, equipment specialty certification, and perhaps navigation specialty.

Number of Dives: 11

Total Bottom Time: 5.5 hours

Maximum Depth: 28m

Coldest Water Dived: 66F

Warmest Water Dived: 86F

Dive Location Farthest From My Home: St. Petersburg, FL

2005 New Certification / Education: N/A

Favorite Dive: Lake Travis

Least Favorite Dive: Lake Travis

New Equipment Purchased: Everything but mask, fins, snorkel, and wetsuit.

How I did on my 2005 Goals: N/A

Dive Goals for 2006: To avoid having goals for 2006.

Other:

MY 2005 DIVING STATS

Number of Dives: 38

Total Bottom Time:

Maximum Depth:111 ffw

Coldest Water Dived:42 F

Warmest Water Diver:80

Dive Location Farthest From My Home:Key Largo I live in Centeral Ill

2005 New Certification / Education: open Water June 05

Favorite Dive: with Wife/Son in Key Largo

Least Favorite Dive: Chillicothe Quarry

New Equipment Purchased: BCD/Reg/Wetsuit/Mask/Snorkel/Fins/computer/tanks

How I did on my 2005 Goals: completed

Dive Goals for 2006:AOW maybe Rescue

MY 2005 DIVING STATS

Number of Dives: 55...would have been at least 70 without all the blowouts

Total Bottom Time: 29:45

Maximum Depth: 130fsw

Coldest Water Dived: 36 F

Warmest Water Diver: 86 F

Dive Location Farthest From My Home: FL Keys

2005 New Certification / Education: Navigation, Search and Recovery

Favorite Dive: Speigel Grove, U-853, USS Bass

Least Favorite Dive: Any of those dives early in the season when my dry gloves flooded, or the one where I went in without having my p valve connected, or having the plug in place.

New Equipment Purchased: HP-100s, then AL-80s, manifolds, bands, AL plate, 2 wings, new first stages, mini scouts, SLR housing, video light, dry gloves, 3mm fullsuit, pockets

How I did on my 2005 Goals: Would have liked to do more diving off NJ, caught a few more bugs, maybe Rescue, actually edit the video I shot!

Dive Goals for 2006: More wrecks and less quarries (more total dives), maybe Rescue, Advanced Nitrox.
Get rid of all my doubles and turn to the dark side (Sport KISS)
Dive the Grove again...on my SK, return to the 853...and take some pictures and poke around inside a little, finally make it out to the Oregon, San Diego, and most of all Stolt.
Strobes for the new housing, improve my UW video.

Back
Top Bottom