2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to see more people are joining in! It is definitely nice to have company!

RoyN - Not sure about exercising. I just know that my muscles haven't had enough recovery time and, if shore diving, I won't work out the night before. I might the morning before, but within 18 hours of diving. We have too many cold water 'factors' that I would rather exercise the old rule of better safe than sorry. Just my thoughts though.

Thursday 6/18 AM - Elliptical (45 minutes), 3.42 miles and approximately 535 calories. ARH 136.

I wanted a short intense workout tonight since it was almost 9pm by the time I could squeeze some time in. This combination worked nicely! I was drenched by the time I finished and subsequently caught my breath.

Warmup:
2 Rounds
250m Row, 10 GHD Back Ext, 10 GHD Situps, 10 Overhead Squats

Workout:
21 Kettlebell Swings 35#
250m Row
15 Kettlebell Swings 35#
250m Row
9 Kettlebell Swings 35#
250m Row

Time: 4:52

I still lean a bit to far forward and that puts some pressure on my hands/wrist, even though it shouldnÃÕ, so I stopped at 215

It may help to concentrate on driving up with your elbows from the bottom of the front squat; by that I mean try to raise them as high as possible immediately. This will put the barbell more firmly on your shoulders and keep you in a much better position b/c you'll be less likely to lean forward if you're working to drive up with the elbows.

HTH,

It may help to concentrate on driving up with your elbows from the bottom of the front squat; by that I mean try to raise them as high as possible immediately. This will put the barbell more firmly on your shoulders and keep you in a much better position b/c you'll be less likely to lean forward if you're working to drive up with the elbows.

HTH,

That's a good physical cue which seems to work better for me than just trying to think "chest up".

Thanks!

Thursday 6/18 PM - Resistance with Wii Fit Active Sports. Sounds lame, I know, but I am enjoying it. Lunges, lunges and more freaking lunges. Side, front, reverse with kick up. Also shoulder exercises. My legs were screaming. Program indicates just over 300 calories burned, 36 minutes.

Friday 6/19 AM - Elliptical (31 minutes). Just over 390 calories, 2.51 miles and ARH 128 (which includes my walk over to the gym).

Saturday 6/20 AM: Elliptical (62 minutes), 4.75 miles and approximately 745 calories. ARH 137 (which includes walk to gym).

Did one dive, then ate clam chowder, then walked for at least an hour to Monterey Bay Aquarium, went inside, the place was a complete zoo. Went out, walked all the way to Walgreens, got a father's day card, went back to K dock, dropped it at the harbor master's office, and went home today.

Heard the diving wasn't great down in MB today. Too bad. Sounds like you had a good day though!

Posted via Mobile Device

We spent Saturday afternoon as "Day Sail" students on the Brig Niagara on Lake Erie. We're sore today!! :D

5122_91200850834_750695834_2002983_6778222_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom