2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 hours up and down stairs taking Christmas decorations down. I huffed and I puffed but... the house is still there. Walked last two days, and feeling pretty good already! Much better than when stagnant!

Gwen

I am signed up for a 1/2 marathon in a few weeks. Don't know if I will do it or not. Haven't been running much.. sore foot... and even prior to the injury, I didn't seem to recover from the workouts very fast so my progression has been really slow. FWIW, I am 46, a bit overweight and do a 5K in under 40:00. Not very fast, I know, but I have managed to cross that finish line.
Any runners out there?

Any runners out there?
Hi Jenny, good luck with your running. Make sure you take it easy, no need to get injured. Age doesn't matter (I'm 54 now). You could check
Runner's World.Com: Running, Racing, Training and More.
a lot of good info there. It is not as well run board as the Scubaboard, but still a lot of useful info there. I am on it as"Goorun", I know, very creative.:dork2:
Check what wb416 posted about CrossFit Training.

Thanks for the link. Got a few free issues of Runner's World and have been meaning to subscribe. Will check out the site.

today im claiming another days diving at bare island....

must say, taking those stairs with gear and without stopping reminds me how much i want to keep going with getting fitter!

Keep it up Almity! You are an inspiration to me (and probably everybody else!)
Wish I could make it to OZ for the SB Invasion. I want to go!!!!!

Back in the pool today. Honestly, I don't know how people do it... I watch people doing laps... back and forth, back and forth... it looks so peaceful and effortless. I do one lap -- with mask, fins and snorkel -- and I'm panting after one lap. :shakehead:

On a happier note... keep up the good work, everyone! :)

Back in the pool today. Honestly, I don't know how people do it... I watch people doing laps... back and forth, back and forth... it looks so peaceful and effortless. I do one lap -- with mask, fins and snorkel -- and I'm panting after one lap. :shakehead:

On a happier note... keep up the good work, everyone! :)

Its about the 'high' and getting lost that makes the time fly....
With the right soundtrack, it's nothing for me to kick in 90 mins of cardio... 30 mins of elliptical sandwiched between 60 mins of moderate uphill walking on a treadmill, or vice vs...

Now that the holidays are over, I need to get back in the groove; diving 2-3 days and hitting the gym 4-5 days a week... Oh and cutting back on the wings tends to help... :(

But I know it can be done... and hope is a powerful motivator....

Its about the 'high' and getting lost that makes the time fly....<snip>
But I know it can be done... and hope is a powerful motivator....

Maybe, in my case though, I've got breathing *issues*. I chatted with the lifeguard today who was my last swimming instructor, and his thought is my breathing isn't quite there yet. Probably the same reason I burn through a tank so fast. :wink:

Best of luck to you, Tim! :)

If everyone on SB knew "humhumhum" :cuddles: counted, I think on paper we'd be the fittest divers outside the navy:D

That's "humhuhumhum"...

OK, packing for a cruise. I promise to do 30 minutes of activities and way more humhuhumhum each day. :blinking: Be back in 9 days! I will be diving in Cabo San Lucas on Wednesday for sure :mooner:

Later... :lotsalove:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom