2009 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well.

Bama won over Virginia Tech 34-24.
Auburn won over Lousiana Tech 37-13
Georgia lost to OK State 24-10
Kentucky spanked Miami (Ohio) 42 - 0
Tennessee spanked Western Kentucky 63-7
Florida beat some team we never heard of 62-3
Arkansas beat Missouri St 48-10
Hell, even Vandy won. They beat W. Carolina 45-0
Mississippi St beat Jackson State 45-7
South Carolina beat NC State (thursday nite) 7-3

LSU was down, but is up 17-13 at a late west coast halftime

So, with exception of the LSU game that hasn't finished yet, Georgia is the only SEC team that lost this weekend.

Good thing that Chizick of Kiffin didn't loose. Both were new head coach choices that left a lot of folks wonder if they hired the right person.

The Bama game had a lot of bad official calls in it. Several really bad. most of them against Alabama. Bama's new starting quarterback McElroy did good. he had a rough start in the first half but did pretty good in the second half.

Bama almost lost the game on penalties though. They had 83 yards in penalties against them.

It appears that Tebow didn't play in the second half. Spikes had limited time in there as well. I was glad to see the passing ability of John Brantley. You could tell that Kerwin Bell was his High School Coach.

Something I missed early on, but Mississippi St is our SEC sleeper of the year. Their new head coach is nothing other than Dan Mullen who was Florida's Offensive Coach for the past two years and had worked with Urban Meyer while at Utah as well. I believe that they will be our toughest test all year, and if we fall to them, then they will take the National Championship.

Bama almost lost the game on penalties though. They had 83 yards in penalties against them.

Sabin's teams at LSU were penalty prone. Used to drive me crazy.

Well looks to be another long season again for my Gamecocks. Our D is again very good but will need a lot of help from the other side of the ball. Whats everyone's take on Tn?

I expect we'll do better than last year. Our 1st game went well, even if it was W.Ky. I really think Fulmer would have set us up for a loss or lackluster showing with his ever conservative play calling and lack of player developement. We may be better this year than alot of folks are expecting. Time will tell.

SEC pre season is pretty funny, in a pathetic way. We opened with Oklahoma and in 2 weeks Florida State. I'm not complaining though. Bronco said he talked to his friend Urban regarding how to play Oklahoma. Apparently he got some good tips. I also have to give it up to your overall conference (well at least for 4 teams). Fun to watch (yeah I know our conference is pitifull compared to yours but we do have 3 top 20 teams. Growing up in hte western mountains, go cougars

AP Top 25 (Sept 8, 2009)

RK TEAM RECORD

1 Florida
2 Texas
3 USC
4 Alabama up from #5 last week
5 Oklahoma State
6 Mississippi up from #8 last week
7 Penn State
8 Ohio State
9 Brigham Young
10 California
11 LSU no change from last week
12 Boise State
13 Oklahoma
14 Virginia Tech
15 Georgia Tech
16 TCU
17 Utah
18 Notre Dame
19 North Carolina
20 Miami (FL)
21 Georgia down from #13 last week
22 Nebraska
23 Cincinnati
24 Kansas
25 Missouri

Others receiving votes: Oregon State 113, Michigan State 83, Pittsburgh 82, Texas Tech 53, Oregon 47, Clemson 40, FLORIDAST 39, West Virginia 32, Tennessee 30, Iowa 24, Michigan 18, UCLA 18, Baylor 17, Boston College 14, Arizona 12, East Carolina 6, Air Force 4, Auburn 4, Colorado State 4, Arkansas 3, South Carolina 3, South Florida 1, Southern Miss 1, Tulsa 1, Houston 1,

Figured this wouldn't hurt.

_TVE5463-copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom