3mm wetsuit, BARE REACTIVE Or PINNACLE TEMPO XT Or ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crazysurfeur

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I am looking to get a new, warm 3mm wetsuit.
I mostly dive in warm water, but during winter time it can be a bit cold, and I do not want to invest in a 5 mm.

I am wondering if anyone is currently one or the other and can comment on them ?

Or any suggestion, I saw the Henderson Aqualock, which seems to be warm as well ?

Thank you

I've been diving mostly in a Henderson Thermaxx 3mm for 8 years now. I bought it new and it has held up very well. It is fleece lined and dons and doffs easily. I can tolerate temps below 60° F for short periods of time, but that's me and you may be more or less tolerant to cold than I am.

Wearing a 5/7 mm hood, I've used my 3mm Reactive very comfortably at 68*F. It's not fleece lined, but the smoothskin seals are pretty good. I'm not sure where the low end is for me in this suit, but I suspect wearing a wool layer would extend it further -- and be washable. (There's a fair few comments on Amazon about the Pinnacle liner smelling.) Good luck in the search!

I have a 3 and 5 mm Bare Reactive and love both of them. A couple months ago, I dove the spring fed Comal River in New Braunfels, TX with my 3 mm Reactive on top of a Henderson Polyolefin dive skin, and stayed surprisingly warm during a 40 minute dive in 71F water. If I was going to do a two tank dive in that water temperature, I would probably elect to use the 5 mm on top of the dive skin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom