Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was the corpse wearing wetsuit & scuba gear? If yes, the 3 rescued divers & Erika Vanessa's husband should be able to identify her wetsuit, similar to what what happened with the body of one of the 2 missing Japanese divers in Indonesia, 2 years ago.

Final 'Japan diver' found in Indonesia

"A body believed to be that of a Japanese diver who went missing with six others off Bali a month ago has been found far from where she disappeared, Indonesian police said Monday.

The body, thought to be that of diving instructor Shoko Takahashi, was found at the weekend on Sempu island, East Java province, some 400 kilometres (250 miles) from where the divers went missing.

Five of the other female Japanese divers in the group were rescued days after they went missing on Feb. 14 while the body of a sixth washed up on the Indonesian resort island.

The body found at the weekend was barely recognisable -- the head was missing -- but Takahashi's Balinese husband believes it is her due to the clothes inside the diving suit, police said.

"The body was found on Saturday on a beach on Sempu island in Malang district," Malang marine police chief Slamet Prayitno told AFP.

"The husband, who came to the hospital last night, said he is 98 percent sure that the body belongs to his missing Japanese wife."...."

She was found with out clothes. We should know by today of it was Erika Vannesa, one of the missing divers.

Last edited:
Hello. I am Peter Morse the Australian "American" that was involved in this story. There are a number of things that are either incorrect or omitted still within the media. I have currently withheld my story from the mainstream media as it is certainly controversial and I have hoped that media would so far focus on hope for finding Vannesa and Carlos for the sakes of their families. I am afraid my story will open up a pandoras box regarding negligence and potential culpability in events leading this this horrible story and in the search that took place (much) after. Unfortunately, as hope for the families might be fading, the Colombian media has begun searching for who to incriminate for their loss. I would just like to take this chance within the dive community to say that if anyone really does need clarification on events that take place they are welcome to contact myself and I will endeavour to relay candid and objective information. I can only say now that Vanessa and Carlos were fantastic people, and while I am happy to still be here, I am at the same time incredibly saddened by their loss. My heart goes out to their family and friends and I wish them the strength to get through this time.

Hello, I am Peter Morse the Australian "American" that was involved. Lots of different information floating around at the moment. I invite members of the dive community to contact me if you wish and I will provide candid information. Sad story. Heart goes out for the families of Carlos and Vannesa.

I'm glad you made it and I would like to hear whatever you feel you can reveal about this sad situation without putting yourself in jeopardy, legal or otherwise.

Peter Morse, are you back home yet or still in Colombia?

Sad news indeed. My deepest condolences to Erika Diaz family.

Wetsuit is the last gear for survival in the water. To find one without it leaves a lot of questions of what was happening in 10+ days floating in the water.

Last edited:
Sad news indeed. Wetsuit is the last gear for survival in the water. To find one without it leaves a lot of questions of what was happening in 10+ days floating in the water.
A friend in Cali did post, that even in snow sometimes lost persons Take off their cloths before dying for cold. It seems to be a human misreaction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom