Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I certainly hope the rescuers find the remaining 2.

Thanks Al, Karen & Bob, for your assessments. I didn't realize the surface current there could be fast & it is in colder water of Pacific side where if you miss the island you'll be floating in open ocean, not in the warner water of Caribbean side of Colombia. So it makes sense to swim as fast as he could without the gears to the island while he still had the energy, before being depleted by the cold water.

My first instinct of survival would be staying together with the group like the 5 Japanese divers in Bali 2 years ago (see the link that I posted in page 1). But, I'm not there & I don't know what their conditions & decisions made as a group. I'm just glad to hear 3 out of 5 found alive.

Last edited:
Hello Divers,
between Christmas and New Year 2015 I was on Maria Patricia and Carlos was diving with me arround Gorgona Island. I did find your thread when I was searching for News with Google. My wife is from Cali and she woke me up yesterday (Friday) morning when she received the news via WhatsApp from Cali. Julio Velez, probably the most xperienced Diver for Malpelo and other friends from Carlos did allready charter a plane to also search for Carlos and the girl. His friends are collecting money. My mother in law lives in Cali and allready gave money to Ricardo Rodriguez which she will get back from us to support the search. If you want to help, let us know. I'm trying to load up the bank account information.
I'm not online all the time. Any questions +49160 6924395

Regards from Cologne, Germany,
Robin

Attachments

• IMG-20160903-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20160903-WA0000.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 136
There are 2 colombian navy ships on the Look out. Plus a Colombian air force plane and an american plane as well. Hope for the remaining two to be found

Are there any reports of whether or not they are continuing the search? Is the American plane not searching anymore?

According to the latest news, both (american plane and colombian plane and navy ships) are still searching and will continue doing so. Dont know fow how long.

During the search for the missing divers, a group of 3 fishermen which boat sank yesterday were aided and rescued by the navy

Hello Divers,
between Christmas and New Year 2015 I was on Maria Patricia and Carlos was diving with me arround Gorgona Island. I did find your thread when I was searching for News with Google. My wife is from Cali and she woke me up yesterday (Friday) morning when she received the news via WhatsApp from Cali. Julio Velez, probably the most xperienced Diver for Malpelo and other friends from Carlos did allready charter a plane to also search for Carlos and the girl. His friends are collecting money. My mother in law lives in Cali and allready gave money to Ricardo Rodriguez which she will get back from us to support the search. If you want to help, let us know.
I'm not online all the time. Any questions +49160 6924395

The staff from ScubaBoard does not want me to post bank account information untill this request is proofed right.
If your also in contact with friends in Cali and you are able to proof the request right, please post it here or let the staff of ScubaBoard know.

Regards from Cologne, Germany,
Robin

Not yet. The only thing that I know is that there are now a navy helicopter and a civilian plane besides the 2 navy ships, the american plane and the colombian Air Force looking for them.

When I went to Galapagos with Peter Hughes, we got a station per couple.I do not know if it was a beacon, but I just had to push a button on the surface and was beginning to emit giving your position.

Many years ago in the Red Sea, in Elphinstone, a group of Russians got lost with the guide and appeared only one that reached the coast by swimming. The others were never found.

Hoping the rescue team have been programmed making the search eficiency. After so many days, they are either on land or I do not think they can hold out that long in the water.

Back
Top Bottom