5-6 day US dive vacation choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

North Carolina - Wrecks (Warm water depending on time of year)
Pacific NW - Amazing Marine Life (cold water)
Catalina - I am sure you have done this before and looking for something different.
Hawaii - Expensive, but warm water.
Florida Caves -Relatively inexpensive compared to Hawaii (longer flight)
Florida Oriskany - Nice tech trip (warmer water)
Florida Keys - nuff said.

Too bad you can't leave the US. Mexico would be an option. Playa del Carmen would be great. Non stop into Cancun.

jcf

///

Have you dove Playa Del Carmen?

Have you dove Playa Del Carmen?

OP says he can't leave the US.

O sorry I was talking to you. I should have quoted ya. Ive been wanting to hit up Cozumel but Playa Del Carmen looks pretty nice too. Just wondering how the diving and pricing was.

I've been to Playa six times. Been to Cozumel about ten times.

I love Playa. Beautiful place. Great diving. Cenotes, Ruins, it's spectacular. Oh, did I mention the Cenotes :wink:

Cozumel has great diving. No doubt about it. But, I prefer hanging in Playa, diving the cenotes and making a day trip over to Cozumel by ferry.

jcf

BTW - I have always found Playa and Coz to be pretty comparable - pricewise. Playa might be a tad less. But that's mostly in airfare.

I agree with the others - you are in Calif so go to HAWAII. Kona and Maui either would be great and easy to do on 5-6 day trip. :D
Depending what time of year you go, it would be a 5mm or 3mm wetsuit so water is much warmer than Calif, too.

I have been dreaming about a B&B combined with wreck diving road trip through the Great Lakes region for a while now. I'll have to chase that one of these summers......

There's no time like the present! Do it this year and you could join the Guiness Book of World Record attempt at the most divers underwater at once that's going on at Gilboa Quarry. There will be quite a few of us from the board there, come join the party and meet some of your fellow boarders. You may even be able to find enough buddies to fill a boat all week as you Lake hop :D
Ber :lilbunny:

I've been to Playa six times. Been to Cozumel about ten times.

I love Playa. Beautiful place. Great diving. Cenotes, Ruins, it's spectacular. Oh, did I mention the Cenotes :wink:

Cozumel has great diving. No doubt about it. But, I prefer hanging in Playa, diving the cenotes and making a day trip over to Cozumel by ferry.

jcf

BTW - I have always found Playa and Coz to be pretty comparable - pricewise. Playa might be a tad less. But that's mostly in airfare.

Sounds sweet! What resort or dive op do you go through in Playa

North central and western panhandle florida, hands down. Even if you do have SparticleBrane chasing you around like he's one of those crazed overzealous GUE guys. Oh, wait........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom