5 weeks diving in Philippines - list of spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codman - thanks for pointing this out. I stand completely corrected. Never feedback late at night albeit sober :) Apo Reef is where I meant running out of southern Mindoro.

Idiot Out.

Noted that there were recommendations for Sogod Bay, Leyte. My wife and I, including the kids are scheduled to go to Sogod Bay, Leyte on December 26 to 30, 2010 and be back in Manila in time for the new year. We'll be staying at "Kuting" resort and intend to dive only for for December 27 and 28 which will be arranged separately by the resort. for the rest of our stay, we intend to just laze around so we can bond with our kids (who are just nine and seven years of age).

you're welcome to join us, if you're interested.

This forum is so helpful!!!

Nelsondejesus - a very kind offer although as it stands I don't think I'll be reaching S.Leyte until 6/7 January (although if this changes I may be in touch!)

your trips sounds great
This forum is great indeed. Helped me put together my whole trip as well :)

your trips sounds great
This forum is great indeed. Helped me put together my whole trip as well :)

I'll say

But I fear I might be starting with the whole "over-research" thing. I'm planning on just flying into Cebu, heading to Moalboal for a week of diving and doing the rest of my destination research "on the ground" so to speak. as to where to travel for the remaining three weeks. Heck, if Moalboal is good I might just spend more than a week there.

of course it turns out like that (unless u r so stupid to book flights, hotels and trips ahead)
Just arrange a flight, a hotel for ur day of arrival and a first destination

I do recommend though to make a list of ways of transportation. I noticed that it's not always clear/ easy/ reliable to do that once you are there. I mean notes like;

manila --> puerto galera: take jeepney from mall X before 1100 AM towards batangas (east manila) or call +456786789 to book a aircon bus from hotel XX (west manila); leaves at 0900. Ferries leave till 1600 from batangas. 3 to 5 hour busride

puerto galera --> coron: book flight with cebu air. make sure you arrive before 1800 for public transportation from airport.

etc.
Just print it and put in your backpack; if you ever need it's been worth it

Back
Top Bottom