5mm wetsuit options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I fear you're looking for a white elk... Had a similar problem a few years back, mainly because I wanted a 2 pieces 5mil wet suit, which has become a rarity on the French market, and let's say my measurements are far from standard.

My only option was to get a tailor made one. I've found several businesses and choose a local one, which a decent job for a fair price. (I had a proposal from well know company in SW France, which was way more expensive than my Santi tailor made dry suit. It was truly indecent.)

I do not own a 5 mm but I liked Cressi suits I've rented in Fiji and Australia. They have front zippers and I'd rather have it on my back, but are lightweight and fit me well.

I am looking at 5mm suits without any ankle or wrist zippers now. There are plenty of those. Just looking for a lighter-weight one that has good 'doffing' reviews. I am not in a hurry, plenty of time to look and try a few once shops have restocked.

I am looking for a 5mm wetsuit for traveling and diving 20-28 deg C waters

5 mil for 20 C I understand, but for 28 C? I'd be in a 1.5 heater top and I'm cold natured.

I have a Bare Sport 5 mm - it has ankle zips but not wrist zips. I find it easy to get on and off.

5 mil for 20 C I understand, but for 28 C? I'd be in a 1.5 heater top and I'm cold natured.
The beauty of a wetsuit: you can flush it mid-dive. I've tried a 3 mm wetsuit in 25 C two dives in one day... a bit cold the second dive. The next day I had the 5 mm, which was much better. Besides, chances of me diving 28 C waters are limited. Mediterranean and the Red Sea mostly, and not in high summer.

I correct your sentence:

5mil for 28C i understand, but for 20C i would be in a 7mm/drysuit .

:D i hate freezing

I correct your sentence:

5mil for 28C i understand, but for 20C i would be in a 7mm/drysuit .

:D i hate freezing
Ah haha. For 20C and under I have my Seal Skin (6mm) suit. I've dived with that in 7C.

Is that the Sport S-Flex?
The Sport S-Flex looks like it is maybe the newer version of mine? I am looking online, mine is a few years old so either that is the updated version or maybe the Sport line was replaced with one of the Revel/Reactive lines? Not sure.

Mine looks like this one - CLICK HERE - but in 5mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom