5th Annual Scubaboard Saturday after Thanksgiving Turkey Fry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would stay late but my son has to be to work @ 5:30. We will have to leave around 3:30 and that will be pushing it. Is anyone else bringing teenagers who are certified. I am bringing two, age 16 and 15. Can't wait!!!!

can someone please post where a newbie to Venice beach could find Alhambra? what exactly is Alhambra? coming from North Port, Tamiami to Venice Ave. stopping at Scuba West to rent tanks. Directions from there would be awesome. I will pick up paper goods & Potato Salad. maybe a beer or 2 & some water. Weather looks awesome & this usually landlocked diver is stoked!

What time are you planning on being at Florida West Scuba? I'll be stopping there to top off my tank - you could follow me over to Alhambra.

Brent

Rainreg and I arrived around 2:00pm today. The seas were WAY rough, but they said they should lay down by morning. I called the dive when I saw all of the white caps and the WAY ROUGH surf. We are in the "Inn at the Beach" in room 124. Not sure where we will eat tonight... any suggestions?

Rainreg and I arrived around 2:00pm today. The seas were WAY rough, but they said they should lay down by morning. I called the dive when I saw all of the white caps and the WAY ROUGH surf. We are in the "Inn at the Beach" in room 124. Not sure where we will eat tonight... any suggestions?
Pete,
Thanks for the report, Sure hope it calms down and clears back up.
P.M. Sent on Food Locations :D
See you guys in the morning.
Brian

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. Just a heads up to anyone interested, I will be diving solo and looking to buddy up with someone. I'm a strong swimmer who is good on my air and I don't get cold too easy. See ya all in the morning...

With any luck I may show up for an hour or two just to meet folks. Won't be diving or eating, but do want to share in the comraderie of the event if everything goes well tomorrow AM.

Anyone hear of the Cbulla Hotel? Quite nice actually.... tacos, beer, comradrie...oh, and a dog or two!
See ya'll tomorrow! The weather will be fantastic and the seas, flat, vis.. awesome!!!

For those of us with a long drive to get there (2.5 hours), any chance someone near the water can post condition early in the morning?
Winds are already from the mainland and the seas look GREAT. I will try and post first thing as well.

The Bulla Inn is doing great tonight! Food, friends and still awake knowing that sleep dep is no match for the energy for tomorrow weather and water temps!

Pete, we look forward to the early AM report! Hey, in the meantime, you should check out the water with a night dive! It's really a different scene there :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom