7.1 Earthquake 39 miles off Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We lost a bunch of plates and glasses, thats about all. Crossing fingers the Cistern did not get damaged

If you can, find out about the airport(runway) and the bridges, I'm thinking of the one @ the dump between Sandy Bay & Coxen Hole...TIA....

reports from CoCo View everyone ok....dive shop has a mess to clean up stuff falling off shelves and broken....webcams are working dock and gazebo seem ok....I am sure more info will follow as the day goes on.....just glad no one was hurt

I'm heading to Anthony's Key in a few weeks so I called to see if they had a status update. They said the resort didn't sustain any damage.

I'm heading to Anthony's Key in a few weeks so I called to see if they had a status update. They said the resort didn't sustain any damage.

perfect------that's what I wanted to hear....

It's just a thought but anyone not visiting right away probably does not need to be calling anyone today for status updates as i am sure they are very busy with more immediate issues.

It's just a thought but anyone not visiting right away probably does not need to be calling anyone today for status updates as i am sure they are very busy with more immediate issues.

I kind of agree but I wanted to know if I should be trying to figure out how to adjust plans. I figured I'd post to at least inform other scubaboard users so they wouldn't need to call.

We stayed at Utopia Village on Utila in April; I sent them a message just to express concern and our best wishes that noone was hurt. One of the owners was able to respond and indicated that they had a wild ride but there was no significant damage at the resort. Power outages and lots of stuff fallen and broken, but everyone is OK. Thank goodness there was no tsunami.

Does anyone have any reliable information about how severely Roatan was affected by this morning's earthquake? We are concerned about our dive buddies there and pray that the damage was not serious...:confused:

segundo3000gt, I'm headed there as well. Good to hear that all is OK. Perhaps I will see you there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom